Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pickle123

"Don't you wash your face"?

Today a man walked up to me and pointed out my pimples... "Don't you wash your face"? he said... Would you say to someone in a wheel chair "Can't you walk"?

The day before that a little girl pointed out my skin as well and asked how I got them....

I was emotionally beat, I broke down and cried at work.

Today a man walked up to me and pointed out my pimples... "Don't you wash your face"? he said... Would you say to someone in a wheel chair "Can't you walk"?

The day before that a little girl pointed out my skin as well and asked how I got them....

I was emotionally beat, I broke down and cried at work.

Uggh.

Ignorance.

All I can tell you is that remarks like that come from a pitiful sort of ignorance in more ways than one.

Not that it helps much when you hear it. I know first-hand.

I'm so sorry.

Guest invaderzim

sucks man.... but the wheelchair thing was a great comeback. hope you threw that in there. by all means, go on the offensive. dont just take it.

crying will only make you feel worse. while treating, learn to deal with assholes and that... ooh that make you feel great.

Ahh man, people are so ignorant it's sickening. I would spit in his face if I was there. Keep your head up, and don't pay idiots like that no mind. **virtual hugs**

Yeah, I feel your pain. When my acne was super duper horrible, one my friends little bro goes "Hey, what are all those bumps and holes on your face"? ugh, I was like even little kids notices something's not right. It was like someone punch me in the stomach and just stared as I was recovering from the blow.

Sometimes you just have to smile and laugh it off and say "i'm doing my best". It's hard not to give a bitter, lashing remark but you have to be bigger than that. I know, I work in constumer service and people can be: ignorant, insensitive, unreasonable, dense, stubborn etc.. Remember, you may have acne but you don't have to wear it on the inside aswell.

I know it's hard but jesus accepts you just the way you are..

I bet if you asked anyone on the street if it's okay to go up to someone in a wheelchair and say "Don't you know how to walk?" They would probably say you should be shot. But if it's acne? Oh no that's fine. They probably don't take care of themselves and don't wash anyway so it's okay to point it out.

I've had that before back in middle school.

Some fat black girl said, "You should get some Proactive for that shi--!"

And I made a come back saying. "Yeah? Well you should go to the gym!"

Haha, I loved myself, but I was a bit hurt later on..

It can be pretty shit sometimes, honestly I wouldn't mind if the comments were not completely ignorant. It's like telling a disabled guy "YO YOU WANNA GROW YOUR LEGS BACK BOY", something he has no control over.

Answering back can be nice, but it doesn't undo the hurt they caused you. I find that people usually only comment on me when they're in a large group on friends, to be cool of course!!!

You have to realize that these people never had to deal with acne so they have no idea. If you get a chance you should try to explain that it's a lot more complicated then "washing your face". In turn they may end up passing the information they learned around and those people also pass it around and someday maybe there would be a lot less ignorant people in the world.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

That's happened to me a lot of times before, I wen't off on a couple of people for saying stuff like that to me when I was younger. Just tell them that they are ignorant and to stfu. Don't worry about it, people are curious, they don't understand acne if they haven't had it. Also, there is always going to be some morons out there that have absolutely no morals or manners... Just let those comments roll off of your back and try to forget them. If anyone is so rude as to say something like that.. I feel sorry for them honestly for being such a poor mannered piece of shit. As for the children that make remarks... seriously don't worry about that whatsoever, they have absolutely no idea that they are being hurtful, they are just curious.. Imagine the things that an iraqi war veteran for examle who lost their arm in combat must hear from kids all of the time. "where's your arm?" "what's wrong with your arm?" "look mommy, that man doesn't have an arm!" ... they are just ignorant little children that sees something different than they are used to seeing (much like some adults surprisingly).

Edited by Chrisâ„¢

Just kick them in their fucking heads :)

(or be mature and gain inner strength from this)

Edited by Termolyt

awww :comfort:, i had a similar thing happen to me.

i was at highschool, and what i thought was my new friend on my 1st day of 4th form saw me turn around then said "ewww havent you heard of clearasil", i just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me....

awww :comfort:, i had a similar thing happen to me.

i was at highschool, and what i thought was my new friend on my 1st day of 4th form saw me turn around then said "ewww havent you heard of clearasil", i just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me....

Holy shit that's awful I would have punched him

"Don't you wash your face"?

What do you guys think? Should we actually try washing our faces? It sounds dangerous.

Ugh. I know. When I started breaking out, I would get a person or two that would say "OMG! Your face!". Random people would give me advice on what they did for theirs....but I don't care for their comments when they put me on blast at work. One guy even told me that I was pretty, but it was obvious that I put on a lot of makeup to cover my acne (horrible way to compliment someone). I feel comforted (thought I wished it didn't happen at all) that many of us have gone through this at one time or another. People really need to put themselves in other peoples' shoes.

"Don't you wash your face?” No I don't actually, every morning I rub dog shit all over it, why do you ask?

ahahaa

I got this quite a bit in high school. I think some people actually had good intentions, as if if I discovered soap suddenly I'd be normal!!!! OMG never thought of washing my face!!! But its so hurtful because they have no idea what u have been through and how hard u have tried to get rid of it. But I guess if u have never had it u just dont understand what it is like or how impossible it is to get rid of or even deal with. No one understands unless they have experienced it.

TBH I wish that anyone who takes the piss out of or bullies someone with acne could then inherit that person's acne and see how it feels. That would be KARMA!!!

Sadly this doesnt happen and these people can go on feeling superior and amazing because they use some soap once in a while and have extremely lucky genes

I want to be able to sue people who treat myself and others differently because of acne. Its extremley emotionally damaging. My father abused me almost everyday of my childhood and that didnt even come close to the emotional damages acne caused me when I was 18

Just point out hes ignorence and say "dont you go to school?"

Hehe that would be a nice reply :P

Or kick him in the face :rolleyes: