Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwardmagic

What's causing my acne? Parasite cleanse? I've tried so much....Please Help! :(

Firstly, if you intend to help please read this entire post, not just part of it, as I have seen a lot of replies on these forums where users have asked questions in a topic where it is all explained if only they were to read the whole thing! If you do read it I will be very appreciative!

I was wondering, has anyone done a parasite cleanse and had acne relief from it? I recently completed blessed herbs colon cleanse and realised I am stuffed full of paraistes! Maybe these are what are causing my acne?

I have been on a completely raw food diet since February this year, and did a candida cleanse last year. I have also done a weeks juice detox, a 3 day apple detox/fast (following the acne free in 3 days protocols) and a liver flush (which didn't work at all...experienced no diarreah at all whilst drinking salt water).

The only thing left I can think of would be parasites...any second guesses?

Also...concerning my liver flush...why the hell did it not work! I drank a hell of a lot of epsom salt water the night and followed the rules to the word, but never experienced any diarreah or urgency at all!

I don't think I have a hormone imbalance as I'm a male, twenty, I take maca, essential fatty acids, omega oils, FOS etc every day, and I only have averagely oily skin.

The ONLY things that have worked for me so far has been following University Medicals Acne Free regime and being on accutane.

I am currently experimenting with sodium bicarbonate, face steaming and jojoba oil. They seem to make my skin soft, but do nothing for my actual acne, or reduce the number of outbreaks I have, so I am really trying to detemine WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG INSIDE!

I am not keen on putting my benzoyl peroxide on every day in the Acne Free kit, but I have no choice as it is the only thing which seems to help. And when I say help, I dont mean cure. It seems to calm my acne down, and instead of having 20 or so spots at once, I may have 6 or 7 instead...none of which is an ideal situation. Also, it ages your skin quicker and that is something I really am not fond of.

As I said, I eat extremely healthily, do regular detoxes and drink smoothies everyday I make myself. My diet is completely raw or slightly cooked by akaline (Dr Paul Youngs recipies) and about 40% of my diet consists of smoothies...including things like spinach, acai berries, apples, avocados, wheat grass etc...it changes every day. I have no dairy, no wheat, no yeast, no gluten, nothing artificial and no processed foods in my diet.

I also drink 2 litres of filtered water every day, at least one cup of rooibos tea, at least one cup of calmomile tea and at least one cup of green tea.

I also often eat a small handful of raw cacao nibs (30 x more potent in anti oxidants than green tea)...and I only ever use +10 manuka honey to sweeten my tea's if wanted. ~

All this and still, my face looks terrible. A minimum of 8 zits at a time...and thats when my skin is doing good!

I am trying to get to the bottom of my acne...so any help would be appreciated if you have bothered reading my entire post and feel you can help. In short, my questions are:

1. Has anyone tried a parasite cleanse for their acne, and if so, what were your results like?

2. Could the cause of my acne be parasites?

3. After reading my post, taking into account the things I've tried, my diet, my supplement, what may be causing it?

And if you have any more suggestions other than answering my question please feel free to help! I feel I need as much help as I can get, and Im sure these questions would help others in similar situations to mine too.

I believe you could accidently be ingesting gluten. Some people are claiming that gluten causes inflammation in the intestine and could be "brushing" it, thus causing acne. Of course nothing is proven, but it never hurts.

A note: Gluten is in almost everything, including barley. It is in candies, it is in fruit snacks. It is under names such as maltodextrin and modified food starch. Doing research at Celiac.com will provide a list of gluten containing ingredients. You might be ingesting things that your body hates without actually knowing it! This is quite common. I find the connections between the two astounding, specifically for myself.

I wouldn't think, from reading your diet, that you would be ingesting must gluten. Maybe in some of your suppliments? My mother has celiac and she has to be very careful what type of pills she buys... but I wouldn't think it is that.

What do you eat in the order to protien?

How are your stress levels?

Be careful when doing detoxes, you can actually flush benefitial stuff out of your system and become deficient in nutrients.

I wouldn't think, from reading your diet, that you would be ingesting must gluten. Maybe in some of your suppliments? My mother has celiac and she has to be very careful what type of pills she buys... but I wouldn't think it is that.

What do you eat in the order to protien?

How are your stress levels?

Be careful when doing detoxes, you can actually flush benefitial stuff out of your system and become deficient in nutrients.

I get more than the RDA of protein in the smoothies, wheat grass, spirulina, spinach I have each day.

My stress levels have been high for years and I have gone through serious depression in the past. I have tried to lower them, I do yoga, meditate, drink calmomile tea, excise frequently and a lot...but nothing really helps.

I don't know what to do anymore, I have the most self concious, self esteem destroying day today :(...I DONT want to go back on accutane!

I read a topic about maca some time ago, some people broke out after eating it. Maybe try to avoid it for some time and see what happens. I did a parasite cleanse (a colon cleanse actually), it only gave me more energy. At the time I had spirulina, maca and zinc. That helped a lot. I added chlorella (didn't use maca anymore). My experience is that you have to take spirulina and chlorella in high amounts to be really effective. At least 10 grams daily, but you can safely take 20 grams, just make sure to build it up gradually (especially chlorella). I also added niacinamide and vitamin D3. I was 99% clear, just the occasional zit that went away pretty quickly. It's also really important that you don't stress too much, try to be happy no matter how difficult that may be sometimes. Keep searching for a method to bring down your stress levels, or just go and watch a funny movie or something. Anything that keeps your mind off your problems is OK. It's easy for me to say, but I'm sure you can do it, just have some faith in yourself. Good luck!

QUOTE (AKL @ Sep 30 2009, 05:45 AM)

I read a topic about maca some time ago, some people broke out after eating it. Maybe try to avoid it for some time and see what happens. I did a parasite cleanse (a colon cleanse actually), it only gave me more energy. At the time I had spirulina, maca and zinc. That helped a lot. I added chlorella (didn't use maca anymore). My experience is that you have to take spirulina and chlorella in high amounts to be really effective. At least 10 grams daily, but you can safely take 20 grams, just make sure to build it up gradually (especially chlorella). I also added niacinamide and vitamin D3. I was 99% clear, just the occasional zit that went away pretty quickly. It's also really important that you don't stress too much, try to be happy no matter how difficult that may be sometimes. Keep searching for a method to bring down your stress levels, or just go and watch a funny movie or something. Anything that keeps your mind off your problems is OK. It's easy for me to say, but I'm sure you can do it, just have some faith in yourself. Good luck!

So what are you saying cleared yours? The vitamin D3 and niacinamide?

I think exercising -- at least 30 minutes -- every day helps. I was acne free all through high school, I think, because I exercised regularly. When I started college last year, however, I would only exercise one or twice a month, and in addition to the added stress, I broke out horribly. I didn't realize the connection then until mid-summer, and that was when I started exercising regularly again. Now, I am pretty much acne free, but I still hang around here because I am left with a lot of scars and red marks.

QUOTE (jwardmagic @ Oct 2 2009, 11:59 PM)

So what are you saying cleared yours? The vitamin D3 and niacinamide?

No, the spirulina/chlorella/zinc would be my best bet. And I hardly ever stress over anything and try to get 8 hours of sleep every night (though that has been somewhat difficult lately).