Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_makes_me_very_sad

Extremely Severe body acne. Do you know of anything that can help me?

Hello,

First let me just warn anyone who is squeamish to not look at the picture.. This stuff is about as bad as it gets.

Its been like this for about 2.5 years. I'm only 15 and I'm worried that this will affect the rest of my life and make me a very lonely person. Dermatologists have prescribed tetracycline, doxycycline, and in May I was told that Accutane is my last option... I don't want to use Accutane.

Here is the picture..

Thank you

Edit: I also want to make it clear that it has nothing to do with hygiene.. I have been taking a shower every day even before the acne started appearing. Also, the antibiotics did not help

post-113367-1254097035_thumb.jpg

post-113367-1254097035_thumb.jpg

Edited by acne_makes_me_very_sad

Just out of curiousity, what is your objection to accutane? Surely anything is better than getting raped by acne.

Alternatively:

Have you tried the head and shoulders regimen? I realise it sounds stupid that you could beat serious acne with shampoo, but it actually is worth a shot. I have bad acne, on a par with yours in the past, and H&S helped me control it.

Search this board for a ton of info if you want to know more

Luck to you

Hello,

First let me just warn anyone who is squeamish to not look at the picture.. This stuff is about as bad as it gets.

Its been like this for about 2.5 years. I'm only 15 and I'm worried that this will affect the rest of my life and make me a very lonely person. Dermatologists have prescribed tetracycline, doxycycline, and in May I was told that Accutane is my last option... I don't want to use Accutane.

Here is the picture..

Thank you

Edit: I also want to make it clear that it has nothing to do with hygiene.. I have been taking a shower every day even before the acne started appearing. Also, the antibiotics did not help

My heart goes out to you. I've had acne all my life (I'm 39) and now I'm suffering from folliculitis all over my body. It's terrible. One thing - the only thing - that has helped my condition at all is Tea Tree Oil. Now, you need to get pharmaceutical grade tea tree oil..not some cheap stuff. I buy it from www.melaleuca.com (You have to join, that's the only downfall, but they have a whole line of products that use tea tree oil and it is honestly a miracle oil.) If you can't join, find someone in your area that uses it. Just ask around...It's a multi-level marketing company - but a fabulous one! I've been put on 2 antibiotics and topical gel so far, and that has not helped me a bit. The tea tree oil actually takes the redness away, also dissoves pus, kills bacteria and fungus, and stops itching. Since you don't want to use Accutane, I highly suggest you join Melaleuca. I can almost guarantee you will see some significant improvement. By the way, I would go for the Accutane if I could get a doctor to prescribe it! You are only 15...If a doc would have given me accutane at 15 I would have been spared the pain of my many acne scars. Anyhow...I will be praying for you. :)

How about BP and Clindamycin topical? Both are excellent. You should take a look at the before and afters of the people that go on DKR. Anywhere from light, to severe acne, it seems to do the trick.

I am 27 and am still dealing with acne. I, like you, also refuse to go on accutane. If you read the side effects, its just not worth the risk to me. I have a family and children, and my whole life ahead of me, just like yourself.

Happy thoughts and prayers sent your way :)

Hello,

Here is the picture..

Thank you

ok so as i see it, definatly go on accutane if you want to get rid of it. trust me the positives outway any negatives you might be thinking off.

I have had similar acne all over my back just like you, around your age it was waaaaaaaay worse. But when i was 17 i started the "Head and Shoulders" regimen and my bacne started clearing up quite quickly, i left it too soon though and got scarring on my neck upper back and shoulders but thats another story and this post isnt about me. But trust me you have a 2 year head start so you have got nothing to worry about you are NOT going to have this the rest of your life, once your bacne goes away you will feel much better about yourself and have alot of confidence.

Keep your head held HIGH!

:)

Similar effect radius as mine, though mine is mainly alot of red marks and smaller pimples.

I'm going to try head and shoulders starting tonight and see what happens.

Just go on accutane, IMO.

I had the chance 2 years ago but I was like you "no, side effects, dangerous" but now it's been 2 more years of acne (though it's way less severe now) and I just don't give a fuck about "no, side effects, dangerous" but now I can't seem to get a derm appointment. Dermatologists are for accutane, period.

I use the Tea Tree Oil morning and night after showering. Just drop a lot (like 10 drops) of the oil onto clean, dry skin and then rub it in lightly. It will absorb pretty quickly. At night, I wear a shirt to bed since the oil has such a strong anticeptic smell, and I don't want it all in my sheets.

Good Luck! Hope you can find some and tell me how it works :)

I had similar badness.

1st thing first. Don't touch it. Don't pick at it.

What helped me was a change in diet. Not too much bad crap. I bought a different loffee thing and used a bodywash high in alkaline. I didn't know at the time though. So I didn't use it on my face after I found that out I heard you only want acidic stuff on it.. The very 1st review is mine of the 5 that's there..

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=64337

That's what helped me. Wal-Mart, it's a few dollars cheaper.

I never thought I would heal 97% of mine. I just see my father and he has a crap load just like yours but worse. I thought I was doomed. Then like a month of using what I said, I was like, whoa. I'm clearing up. WTf? Wtf did I do different, and the ONLY thing I did different was using.. http://www.vitacost.com/Earth-Therapeutics...rap-Triple-Pack that, I'm the 4th reviewer on that.. and the thing I said above. That's it. I did the change in diet, but that didn't do too much, it helped, but I started a diet change over a year before the big change.

I even mentioned it long time ago on these forums but no one really cared. :P

here's the post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/body-acne...18#entry1966818

But anyways, I hope you heal, I feel for you as I felt really bad when I had it bad. And you just cant take shirt off, at least I couldn't. I couldn't bear it. But now, I can, but I still have a birthmark that sucks. Okay, now people might know me..

But those two sites I linked to, they're really good with shipping. And if something messes up, they will send you another on their behalf. Like I bought coconut Oil, and the lid was broken on shipment. It was a very very large amount of coconut oil. And they shipped me another one(cost like 20-30 bucks) free and took like 2 days to get to me. And the oil was still useable, just the lid was broken. The seal was still on. So I had a lot of oil :D Which was worthless IMO.

Oh, if you're wondering, I'm 25 now. 22-23 for the big change. So I didn't "grow out of it"...

You have to try accutane. The benefits outweigh the risks by 1000 to 1.

Your acne problem is obviously beneath the skin, so no lotion or tea tree oil will cure that.

It is very unlikely that you will get severe sife effects from accutane. You can have nasty acne on your back for a long time, or you can try accutane.

People always focues on the negative effects of accutane, without considering the positives. Give it a go. It's working for me and I'm glad to say that i'm 1/4 way there to being cured.

my advice, hormonal acupuncture, the full body type. After about 3 sessions you might see an improvement but i can almost assure you after 9 your skin would have improved a shitload.

You can buy pure tea tree oil from most health food stores.

Mix 10 - 15 drops into a mild, simple shower gel - get a shower gel aimed at sensitive skin. I had persistent bacne for a long time - cysts, bumps, whiteheads, blackheads. Tea tree oil has been amazing for my bacne. It's a few months now, my back is now smooth. Now and again I might get the odd spot cropping back up, but the tree tea oil zaps it dead in 1-2 days. I've found that if I stop using it, bacne comes back, so you would have to be consistent with your use of it. I would definitely recommend you give it a try.

Dan says when his body acne was at its worst, Accutane was the only thing to work. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but for acne that is very severe or stubborn, it may be the only thing that helps.

Here's more info. http://www.acne.org/accutane.html

If you are dead set against Accutane, you could always give the body regimen a try. http://www.acne.org/back-acne.html

http://www.acne.org/body-acne.html

But as severe as your acne is, I doubt it could help much.

Nothing else apart from accutane would work. It's the strongest drug that can get rid of acne. That's why there are side effects. Other products are just too weak

When you sleep, do you sleep on your back or side?

A simple thing you could do is to change your bedsheet every other day, so that your back is resting on a clean environment at night.

Also, change towels frequently too.

I second everyone's suggestion on accutane. There's worse cases of backne, believe me. I had it (not as bad but pretty close), and my brother too (he DID have a worse case than yours).

You won't find any better treatments for it. Backne is specially stubborn. When I took accutane, it cleared my back completely. Then of course after a few months I had to cut the treatment, and the backne never returned (except for a few small ones here and there, coming and going).

Yeah, your case is certainly severe. No amount of changing towels or taking fish oil is going to change that. Clindamycin with BP topical would be a start, but your only true option here, IMO, is Accutane. There's no way that something like Head and Shoulders is going to clear this. If that was in fact the case, don't you think that the company would have had their product evaulated by the FDA "for the treatment of acne" already? Accutane, my friend, Accutane.

Hi guys

I start my Accutane tomorrow.. wish me luck

Good choice & good luck.

How many mg's are you on?

Keep us updated !!