Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

So if I don't have problem with whole grain bread,

I dont see why you shouldnt i always eat whole grain bread and Whole grains are very good for you so give it a try!

Edited by faithhope

I dont see why you shouldnt i always eat whole grain bread and Whole grains are very good for you so give it a try!

Thanks! I actually using this for my whey protein isolate vanilla! :) I tried it before and it taste great! I don't know why I stopped.

Hopefully it wont break me out.

At least I don't get big acne, I usually get zits... like 2-3.

Edited by EddieE

It doesn't have to be steel cut rolled is just fine as well!!

They both have a low gi and are a well tolerated food.

Besides rolled tastes much nicer IMO :)

steel cut oats are low glycemic index, and on top of that, they are the least processed form of oats. dr. perricone recommends them, too. you will be fine.

Oats are considerably less problematic than wheat. But aren't you eating sprouted grain bread?

than whole wheat?

Yes I'm eating sprouted grain bread. Why you ask? I should just eat sprouted grain bread instead of oats?

Oats are considerably less problematic than wheat. But aren't you eating sprouted grain bread?

than whole wheat?

Yes I'm eating sprouted grain bread. Why you ask? I should just eat sprouted grain bread instead of oats?

I think she is saying you don't know if you can eat non-sprouted whole grains, therefore you might not want to eat non-sprouted oats. Which isn't hard to do...

I'm saying that your ability to eat sprouted grain bread, doesn't mean you don't have a problem with unsprouted grains. And whole wheat can actually be worse than white for allergies and lectins.

I'm saying that your ability to eat sprouted grain bread, doesn't mean you don't have a problem with unsprouted grains. And whole wheat can actually be worse than white for allergies and lectins.

OK I will just eat sprouted bread only! Even though I don't have any problem with oats. :P

You could soak your oats overnight. Just put them in a pot with the same amount of water you would cook them in, and leave it on the stove. In the morning, just fire that sucker up!

You could soak your oats overnight. Just put them in a pot with the same amount of water you would cook them in, and leave it on the stove. In the morning, just fire that sucker up!

Yes, on top of oats being far less problematic intolerance and lectin-wise, soaking them makes them pretty much the equivalent of sprouted grains. All seeds have protective substances that lock up nutrients until conditions are right for the seed to sprout and grow, and those conditions are warmth and moisture, as in springtime. Not only do they reduce the nutrients available, they are often difficult to digest and the things people are allergic to. Which is why you should soak seeds before consuming. But some are more problematic than others with wheat and many beans, soy in particular, being the worst.

You could also try sour dough bread, but it needs to be real sour dough. Not yeast bread with flavoring added.

than whole wheat?

Yes. Oats are less problematic than wheat, period. Whole wheat is actually worse than white if you are intolerant to wheat.

Edited by alternativista

I use it for whey protein.:X