Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tts

new to acne org

Hi

I have just registered to acne org after months of looking through many posts. I am 27 and since stopping the pill a year ago (1st october will be exactly a year) I have developed acne which has got progressivley worse.

I stopped the pill when i was 22 but my skin got so bad i went back on it but this time i am determined not to go back on it for a number of reasons.Since i came off i have tried every acne regime i can think of, had n-lite laser treatments, tried herbal remedies, antibiotics and am now nearly two months in taking roaccutane. I am on 60mg (3x20mg) a day and weigh 55kg for the first month i was only on 20mg a day.

In the first month i only had dry lips but now i have a few more like itchy scalp, dry patches on my body, achy hips which is quite bad after exercising and a bright red face. Since coming off the pill my periods have not been regular im on my 5th at the moment im wondering if when they regulate will my acne get better also because i feel my acne is hormonal due to stopping the pill will roaccutane be able to stop it after i stop taking roaccutane? My skin is still breaking out and is covered in red marks it has seemed to be getting better then another five will appear getting me down again i anyone has a similar experience or has any thoughts on my case i would appreciate it as would love this nightmare to end. tts (Touch the sky)

Hi there and welcome to acne.org. I'm going to move this introduction to the Accutane section so you'll hopefully get more responses. Best of luck to you on your course. :)