Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robby B

These scars are killing me (Pic Inside)

Hello all. I'm a 17 year old man with some acne problems. I started Differin/Duac and when I first started I got these HUGE pimples and after popping them they had these brown scars a couple days after. Its about 3 months later and they're still there. Can anyone check out the picture I have and tell me if its possible that these can get removed? And what I should do it with.

If you answer this you are my saviour.. its killing me self esteem.

Check out the attachments and the picture should be under there.

post-113336-1254067235_thumb.jpg

post-113336-1254067235_thumb.jpg

are they indented scars or just flat brown/red marks .. if they are flat marks they will dissapear on their own with time. could take up to 2 years tho ...

Hello all. I'm a 17 year old man with some acne problems. I started Differin/Duac and when I first started I got these HUGE pimples and after popping them they had these brown scars a couple days after. Its about 3 months later and they're still there. Can anyone check out the picture I have and tell me if its possible that these can get removed? And what I should do it with.

If you answer this you are my saviour.. its killing me self esteem.

Check out the attachments and the picture should be under there.

Well, looks like most of your scars are rolling scars. My suggestion is focus on getting rid of the red marks first..because I think sometimes red marks are just indication that your skin (where your acne was) are not fully healed yet.

First I can tell you psychologically how to deal with this (so you don't post stuff like 'omg it's been 1 week how come i'm still red' kinda post). There's NO treatment in this world that can produce instant results. Even with today's technology you'll need at least 3-6 months to see good results. So that's the first step is to be patient and to be aware of your expectations. Keep it reasonable and low..so you don't get frustrated.

I had six Smoothbeam treatements (back in 2003), in about 6 months (monthly treatment ) and I also did some lactic chemical peels (self treatment), took vitamins, and put some natural fruit mask to nourish my skin. It didn't do too much on my deeper scar, but it took a lot of my redness away. Mind you this is what worked for ME, not necessarily for you (and since then there are other more advanced laser out there- like currently the one I'm using, Fraxel SR1500 or also called Fraxel Restore)...but if I were you, try to control the red marks first and worry about the scars later, cause I can guarantee you....if you reduce the redness, the scars won't be as bad (unless you're under bad lighting) but that's another step down the road.

BUT for more economical treatment...I suggest combination of lactic acid chemical peel, good multi vitamin cream for your face, good aloe vera gel (too cool off and soothe your skin after peeling), and drink lots of water to flush your system (I did a bit of intestinal cleansing pill system for 2 weeks) and in my experience, it helped clearing up my skin. I know also Neutrogena BP face wash (don't remember the name..something like daily face mask or something) REALLY helped me in keeping my skin clean and healthy....I used it daily when I take a shower and I think it took a good 3-4 tubes of using daily when finally the skin kinda looking fresher and fresher.

Again- this is a multiple month (almost 1 year) process...maybe even 2 years like V Singh said. Fear not, you're still young and your skin is still growing so eventually with good treatments, you have enough time to recover.

I can give you my old photos if you want..just to give you a tad of hope. Again the pictures may not be perfect and it's not even a 50% improvement, and very very minor improvement to my scars, but the skin gradually and continually become clearer months after that...

Just PM me your email, and I'll email you the pics...

Edited by MrObi