Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dance21

Powder causing acne?

Okay. So I have had acne since i was 10. But it was always really mild until grade 9 started last year. I didn't wear makeup though so that wasn't the problem. But even in grade 9 I only had moderate acne. But what I realized last night is my acne turned to severe around when I started using powder on my face.

I started using really light foundation christmas last year and there was no change. But in the spring i needed powder for dance competitions, so i bought some and also started wearing it to school and such. That is around the time my acne turned terrible.

So is it very common with other people that powder gives them acne?

And how is a way do do good coverup, but without the benefits as powder for an even finish?

Thanks so much for any comments or advice! They would be much appreciated!

Guest veganwithacne
Okay. So I have had acne since i was 10. But it was always really mild until grade 9 started last year. I didn't wear makeup though so that wasn't the problem. But even in grade 9 I only had moderate acne. But what I realized last night is my acne turned to severe around when I started using powder on my face.

I started using really light foundation christmas last year and there was no change. But in the spring i needed powder for dance competitions, so i bought some and also started wearing it to school and such. That is around the time my acne turned terrible.

And how is a way do do good coverup, but without the benefits as powder for an even finish?

What powder are you using? How are you applying it? Do you reapply it when you are oily throughout the day?

I use loose mineral powder and I don't feel it contributes to my acne. I just apply with a clean brush. I own two brushes and switch them every other day. I do not reapply it, instead I just blot the oil off of my skin mid-day.

What powder are you using? How are you applying it? Do you reapply it when you are oily throughout the day?

I use loose mineral powder and I don't feel it contributes to my acne. I just apply with a clean brush. I own two brushes and switch them every other day. I do not reapply it, instead I just blot the oil off of my skin mid-day.

I use something called physicians formula.? its supposed to be for acne prone skin.

I also blot my face, I don't reapply that often, but I never thought of having two brushes!

I might try that and see if it makes a difference.

Guest veganwithacne

I would try that : ) Sometimes a clean applicator can make a big difference. I am kind of obsessed when it comes to washing my brushes. I own three concealer brushes :blush: so I can use a clean one everyday. lol. If using a clean brush doesn't help then it may be the powder itself or something else you are using or hormones.

*something* was causing me to break out -- and what I recently added was physicians formula pressed mineral powder. I finally gave it away & have not had any sudden flares like I'd been having -- so I'm only about 99.9% sure it was the mineral powder (Physician's Formula) that was the culprit! I'm almost 36 & have had acne since 6th grade.

Karen

I can't afford to just throw it away, but I will not be buying the same stuff again when I run out.

Thanks you guys!

I have great success with Pur Minerals 4-in-1 pressed powder. It's a buildable coverage so you apply as much as you need where you need it and it can be used as a concealer, too. The part I like most is you don't need a setting powder, which usually contains talc, corn starch and other fillers that can contribute to brakouts.

Certain Shopping Channel hosts use Pur Minerals when they're on air so I'm sure it will be fine for your dance competitions, too.

Good luck.