Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rydian

Colonic Irrigation

Hi guys,

For the past couple of months, I've been trying to get rid of my acne without using antibiotics because I don't want to have to rely on them.

I've been taking probiotics because of the health benefits and general digestive benefits you get from then (also to replace good bacteria lost from when I was on antibiotics).

I did a lot of reading concerning the digestive system causing acne, and noticed that when eating certain foods, it flares up a little bit if I get stuffed from eating too much or it feels as if my system isn't working effectively.

So I read into the digestive system's link to acne, and realised it plays a major part and thought a good clean of my system would do me good to get rid of things that are hard to digest (eg red meat, certain wheat, protein meal bars I used to eat, etc).

I've booked myself in for a colonic irrigation this Thursday and when reading up on it, I read largely positive results for acne, saying there is an almost immediate improvement for example. However, I came across one video, and several people commenting on it (all females) saying that colonic irrigation broke them out really badly.

Has anyone had any experience with it? I really want to do it because apparently you feel so clean afterwards, but I don't want to risk a nasty breakout when my face seems to be improving a lot anyway.

Hey i had this done last year for the exact same reason, thought i would clear out my insides, it was a waste of time and money it did nothing good for my skin, and its not very pleasent either my advice save your money and dignity and dont bother, but its your decision.

Hi! I also believe that the colon can play a huge role in the severity of acne for most people. Some people seem to have had no results, but it looks like it can work nicely for people that have been suffering from cystic or other severe acne. I used Oxy Powder, an oxygen based colon cleanser, a month or so ago, and after a week on it, it seemed like my acne was just disappearing completely. I had severe cystic acne, and ever since doing the colon cleanse, my face has gotten a huge relief. It went from severe to moderate/ soon to be mild (if I keep my bowel movements up, which can also be a big part of acne). I really recommend giving Oxy Powder a try before doing some kind of Colon Irrigation. It's very much worth the money, and don't forget to replenish your body with enough probiotics after the use (I took about 200 to 400 billion bacteria a day, which did give me a herx effect, but it seems to have been worth it). Like I said before, keeping your bowel movements up every day should really be looked in to. I still get days when I can only go once, but after days when I can go 2 or 3 times, I don't get any more acne.

I think that the whole digestive system has more to do with cystic acne than others, and I am starting to believe that the rest of my more moderate/mild acne is due to a hyperthyroid problem.

Good luck!

Edited by Mr. Crab