Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimbob_uk

Please could someone give this longtime lurker some advice on scarring?

Hi all,

Firstly, great site and what a great positive community for people suffering from acne and the resulting scars / blemishes.

Well my story in short, suffered from acne (including cystic) since about 14/15 right up to 24/25. Had periods of clear skin but it always came back. Tried treating with anti biotics at 21 and they worked until I stopped taking them. Took roaccutane at 24/25 and it has cleared up for good. I'm now 27 and still clear :)

Now I'm left a bit scarred and if anyone could give some advice I would be grateful.

My scarring is all on my cheeks. A few rolling scars, lots of pitted ones. It doesn't look great but I'd be happy with some slight improvement.

From browsing I hear dermarolling is great but not many people have posted pics so it's hard to judge by words alone.

I also hear good things about subcision but it sounds quite invasion.

Lastly I have a couple of broken capillaries on my nose, one right in the middle of the bridge [eeek]

What is the best things to clear the broken capillaries? Creams, lasers or other treaments?

Also, as my name suggests I am in the UK. I'm also pretty broke so if anyone has experience getting treatment on the NHS could you tell me how you went about it?

I think they do dermarolling at Hammersmith Hospital in London -- so if you got yourself referred to a derm there you could potentially get that treatment.

Edited by Minerva473

Lastly I have a couple of broken capillaries on my nose, one right in the middle of the bridge [eeek]

What is the best things to clear the broken capillaries? Creams, lasers or other treaments?

My friend had 100% success getting rid of a broken capillary on his nose using lasers. They were a bit pricey, but look into them.

gl