Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neverthoughtless

Will Tea Tree Oil clog my pores? :(

Hello, I'm new here and this is my very first post. I'm 16 and I have moderate acne, I guess?

Lots of flaming red acne scars though, so it looks worse than what it is. Anyways.

I'm trying to fix my acne all naturally, and without any harsh chemicals that will attack my problem and beat up my skin senseless and stupid.

So, I currently am using all organic, natural, paraben free, oil free, cruetly free (i'm vegetarian) cleanser and moisturizer (Avalon Organics Vitamin C line..smells delicious like oranges!)

I have really dry skin, so I tried out Bio Oil last week and instantly it clogged my pores and made me break out, and now I'm kicking myself in the butt for it. I read all the reviews, and I just ignored the ones that said "DONT USE ON ACTIVE ACNE!"...I should have listened! Because i mean, it made my skin really soft, but it made me break out like MAD. Soft blemishes, sure, but BUMPY LUMPY BUMPY zits all over my chin area :(

So NOW, I want to use something natural to clear up these new blemishes, without it being BP or SA. I bought 100% natural australian tea tree oil, which always worked wonders on my sore piercings.

HOWEVER, the word OIL is kind of traumatizing...I know that it's going to dry up my face a bit...but since it's an oil...will it clog my poors? I'm so worried :(

No no no. That is the total opposite. In my experiences with Tea Tree Oil, it has actually made my face drier so there is no need to worry about clogging your pores. The word oil probably scares off a lot of people. It works the same as benzoyl peroxide by disinfecting the face.

solution if you're afraid - just test it on say near your jaw/throat. if you break out, it won't be too bad since it's not like in front of your face or anything. Do the test patch for a few days.