Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im at my wits end, i cant stand being me anymore, i hate every thing about me, im angry at everyone else and at god for making me the way i am, i hate everyday being a struggle, i hate feeling like the ugliest person in the room, i hate the way people judge me and i hate the fact everyone around me is so shallow n the people that supposedly care about me insult me and degrade me and humiliate me

ive faced up to the facts

ive got disqusting skin, and it seems like not matter how hard i try to make it better, acne and oily skin are never going to go away. even if it does every go ive got a wonky nose and big chin, i hate all of my facial features, i hate the way people take the piss out of me because of them, i hate that i let their comments get to me, but then i hate the fact that what their saying is true.

there is not one thing that i think looks nice or is attractive about me. but then i wouldnt care if i felt personality for people is enough. i would say personality because im a nice and fun person to be around but thats not enough. people are always going to be shallow, and it doesnt matter how amazing someone is it just seems like i can get nowhere without looks. no matter how hard i try with people it seems im always getting slapped in the face.

im so frustrated and just desperate, ive looked at plastic surgery but im not old enough, ive tried loads of things to get rid of all the billion problems on my face, but nothing has worked and i still have it all

i just feel like acne is a never ending cycle of frustration and pain, and ive just lost hope in ever getting rid of it :(

i know that there must be so many people here that feel like me.

i just want to know, how do you cope with all the hate? and the frustration? and how do you cheer yourself up?

i honestly want to know with how you guys cope when you feel like your at your lowest, and when people who are supposed to be friends n family make you feel like crap.

cause honestly i have tried everything to think positively about my situation, but nothing has worked, cause there ent nothing to feel positive about right now.

any responses are greatly appreciated

i used to feel about the same about some things you wrote and i still do sometimes

but it will not fix any of your problems feeling the way you do now.

i've had a lot of days where i hated myself and blamed god for all the shit in my life

but it was my additude and lifestyle i had to change. and i know acne can be hard to deal with

i've also felt really frustrated cause of it and had lots of times thinking that it would never go away. but you just gotta try things out to see what works best for you and i think i finally found it

what are u using on the moment?

but try to relax and keep yourself occupied with things you love to do

i play guitar :) and it helped me through lot of bad times

and screw the people that only try to bring you down there not worth your time

start accepting and loving yourself for who you are and feel confident about it

it's certainly not all about looks

take care

It sounds hard and it is hard, but you have to love yourself, despite what people say/think about you.

You've got to be strong for yourself. If you aren't, no one else will be. You are all you've truly got all the time. Generally people say things about your looks without knowing you first. I can think of times where I've judged people then actually got to know them and I feel *horrible* for have thought anything mean about them. I can't imagine saying bad things about them at all now! Try to get out and meet people. You may not want to, but if you have a good personality like you say, people WILL accept you. And if they don't, it's their loss. They're shallow just as you said.

In life, there will always be people who love you for you and hate you for no damn reason. Show them they really DONT have a reason and you're fine. Be out there and be yourself.

In the end, though, I think it just takes time. We go through the bad to appreciate the good... maybe your experience is setting you up for something well deserved. Handle the situation the best you can and who knows. Be confident and don't let anything bring you down. You'll have to work at it but let's face it - if all you do is talk about how ugly and fat and stupid you are (NOT saying you, just in general) people will begin to see it, too. If you show you're happy and you love yourself... eventually someone out there will love you, just as much. :)

Take care, I hope you feel better <3 :comfort:

Edited by Ä¿yssa

i used to feel about the same about some things you wrote and i still do sometimes

but it will not fix any of your problems feeling the way you do now.

i've had a lot of days where i hated myself and blamed god for all the shit in my life

but it was my additude and lifestyle i had to change. and i know acne can be hard to deal with

i've also felt really frustrated cause of it and had lots of times thinking that it would never go away. but you just gotta try things out to see what works best for you and i think i finally found it

what are u using on the moment?

but try to relax and keep yourself occupied with things you love to do

i play guitar :) and it helped me through lot of bad times

and screw the people that only try to bring you down there not worth your time

start accepting and loving yourself for who you are and feel confident about it

it's certainly not all about looks

take care

thankyou for your response :)

ermm at the moment i am starting dans BP regimen to see if that will help since nothing else

i have tried has worked. if anything, the only thing these creams and regimens and pills seem to do is make my skin worse :doh:

i was thinkin of taking up piano lessons as we have a piano in our house but nobody uses it!

so maybe it might take my mind off of my skin ... because even though i should try to feel

confident about the way i am, that sort of thinking doesnt work for me personally so a good

interest hopefully will!

so if i direct all my hate into music i might end up a master on the piano! hehe :dance:

Have u tried channeling your hate into studies? U say personality doesnt help u get anywhere. Trust me high qualification will get you further than personality.

Its better to have acne and rich than to have acne and poor. If you are rich and powerful nobody will make fun of you, at least not to your face. :)

I can relate to this a lot. When I'm full of hate and want to get some steam off I like to exercise and/or listen to angry music. When I'm tired of hating myself I try to focus on other things and do whatever makes me feel better.

Focusing on other things than yourself helps a lot, e.g. studying, hobbies and playing around with pets. On the other hand, it doesn't take care of the main issue. I don't think plastic surgery is a good idea at all, because it only changes your outer appearence and not your mind. Work on your mind instead, read self-help books, listen to inspiring music and stuff like that. Talking to your school psychologist might help too.

Don't take crap from anyone. Fight fire with fire.

How to? Get back at people by commenting back on them? The other day at work, i lose myself and ranted at someone. I got so worked up. Eventually, that person tried to calm me down by saying some nice things. Arghhhh................. When u keep quiet and not react to people's comment, they take us for granted thinking that we are ignorant, they can bully us mentally and emotionally. But hey, maybe to others they can do that! But when i lose 'it', i will show them that they have found the wrong prey.

I try to be ignorant and ignore what others say. By doing this, at times i feel that i am too self-centered. And these days i just don't feel like talking. It's not that i want to be alone, it's just that it seems like there is no point. And i feel that my parents are showering too much concern for me that i feel irritated by it. I mean i am already a young adult and too much of something at times is not good. I spoke to them about it and i know that they are disappointed with what i had said. I just don't want to be treated like sort of a 'king'.

I used to have moderate/severe acne and back then I had some kind of mystical mental strength that allowed me to have fun anyway. Perhaps it was the conviction that I'd some day grow out of it, combined with the hope that treatments gave me.

Now the acne has subsided significantly, but it's still there, no doubt, and I know none of the treatments really do shit beside one; accutane, which is pretty much the only one I haven't tried. I let it get to me like crazy.

I hate to not say anything encouraging but thats too bad. The truth is life is a beauty contest. No one is going to even know if you have a great personality if your not attractive and if they do you got lucky. Anyone that says different is a lier. For instance, when a female says looks are not #1 she is just trying to keep up the appearance that she is not a shallow person. The truth is she and the majority of women are VERY shallow, much, much, more so than men will ever be. Personality takes a seat in the very back of the bus. Sense of humor? Who cares? Women will quite litterally look past everything bad about a guy if he looks good same as a man will an attractive girl. The big difference is women are way more picky about looks. So yes acne will definetely hold you back always. You can't listen to these testimonials about girls finding love even with acne, because things are completely different for girls. Also, never take a girls advice on anything remotely related to dating. Like "be yourself" or "be nice". It's nonsense and doesn't work and women don't know what they want anyways. I say go out get drunk hit on every girl in the most obnoxious way and then start a fight with whoever wants some, just rage out.

I hate to not say anything encouraging but thats too bad. The truth is life is a beauty contest. No one is going to even know if you have a great personality if your not attractive and if they do you got lucky. Anyone that says different is a lier. For instance, when a female says looks are not #1 she is just trying to keep up the appearance that she is not a shallow person. The truth is she and the majority of women are VERY shallow, much, much, more so than men will ever be. Personality takes a seat in the very back of the bus. Sense of humor? Who cares? Women will quite litterally look past everything bad about a guy if he looks good same as a man will an attractive girl. The big difference is women are way more picky about looks. So yes acne will definetely hold you back always. You can't listen to these testimonials about girls finding love even with acne, because things are completely different for girls. Also, never take a girls advice on anything remotely related to dating. Like "be yourself" or "be nice". It's nonsense and doesn't work and women don't know what they want anyways. I say go out get drunk hit on every girl in the most obnoxious way and then start a fight with whoever wants some, just rage out.

I agree with all of this. Personality my a**!

I hate to not say anything encouraging but thats too bad. The truth is life is a beauty contest. No one is going to even know if you have a great personality if your not attractive and if they do you got lucky. Anyone that says different is a lier.

Shut it down, people. It's over. Word just arrived -- life is a beauty contest. We've all been eliminated, so shut down the forums. There's no logical reason to live, and we should all quit our pathetic attempts to pursue special friendships and relationships. And it's useless to take pride in idiotic character traits like charisma and friendliness. And ugly funny people are hated by all women equally, and women also dislike the idea of a nice man with strong values and authenticity.

Come on. I think women are more likely to choose with their emotions. Look around and you'll see odd couples that don't measure up to your beliefs. Men and women find their significant other attractive in their eyes; meaning they don't give a shit if others find their partner repulsive. I'll admit acne isn't a desirable quality to have, but people can't help who they're attracted to. You imply women only date attractive men with qualities that are seductive to the superficial eye. You ignore women who say they're going to date a man with move star looks, and end up falling in love with an unassuming, ordinary guy. Stop discouraging people from becoming part of a world they have the right to be in.

I say go out get drunk hit on every girl in the most obnoxious way and then start a fight with whoever wants some, just rage out.

This helps no one.

Guest Chrisâ„¢
im at my wits end, i cant stand being me anymore, i hate every thing about me, im angry at everyone else and at god for making me the way i am, i hate everyday being a struggle, i hate feeling like the ugliest person in the room, i hate the way people judge me and i hate the fact everyone around me is so shallow n the people that supposedly care about me insult me and degrade me and humiliate me

ive faced up to the facts

ive got disqusting skin, and it seems like not matter how hard i try to make it better, acne and oily skin are never going to go away. even if it does every go ive got a wonky nose and big chin, i hate all of my facial features, i hate the way people take the piss out of me because of them, i hate that i let their comments get to me, but then i hate the fact that what their saying is true.

there is not one thing that i think looks nice or is attractive about me. but then i wouldnt care if i felt personality for people is enough. i would say personality because im a nice and fun person to be around but thats not enough. people are always going to be shallow, and it doesnt matter how amazing someone is it just seems like i can get nowhere without looks. no matter how hard i try with people it seems im always getting slapped in the face.

im so frustrated and just desperate, ive looked at plastic surgery but im not old enough, ive tried loads of things to get rid of all the billion problems on my face, but nothing has worked and i still have it all

i just feel like acne is a never ending cycle of frustration and pain, and ive just lost hope in ever getting rid of it :(

i know that there must be so many people here that feel like me.

i just want to know, how do you cope with all the hate? and the frustration? and how do you cheer yourself up?

i honestly want to know with how you guys cope when you feel like your at your lowest, and when people who are supposed to be friends n family make you feel like crap.

cause honestly i have tried everything to think positively about my situation, but nothing has worked, cause there ent nothing to feel positive about right now.

any responses are greatly appreciated

I've felt a lot like you feel now for a long time. I got rid of my acne years ago with two courses of accutane, but still have very severe scars left. I've tried many surgical procedures (many laser treatments, subsicions, excisions, all kinds of stuff) over the past 6 years for the scars and nothing has helped at all. They will be there forever, unless there is some scientific breakthrough that completely removes scars in the future (like a 0.0001% chance of that happening). Where does one go from there? With no hope at all? Well... I just remmember that honestly life is so short to be worrying about such pointless shit when you can't do anything about it. You have to do the only thing you can do... make the most out of it.

Yeah, sometimes people will make you feel like shit, and it sucks that 99% of the people around you have flawless skin and can't relate to you at all, but that's just the way it is. Yeah, it sucks that it seems like everyone else has such a good life and are so happy when you are not, that shit is heartbreaking and frustrating as hell. What good does it do to dwell on it though? Remmember man, you only get one life to live(that we know of), and after that it's done. After that it won't matter if you had acne or acne scars or whatever, it won't matter at all. Fact is, some of us got the short end of the stick in life, some much worse than others, and that's fucked up, but that's just what happened for some reason. I say go out there and try to experience everything life has to offer, whether it is good or bad. Hell, we may have it worse than the average person, we may have a harder time fitting in, and we may feel like outcasts sometimes, but we are still alive, so go out there and try to make the most out of what you have while you still can.

I say go out get drunk hit on every girl in the most obnoxious way and then start a fight with whoever wants some, just rage out.

If you are old enouph to drink responsibly, why not? I've done this before and it's actually quite fun. I'm 23 though, this is a really bad idea for minors.

Edited by Chrisâ„¢