Notifications
Clear all

New moles appeared possibly because of BP?

MemberMember
(@eternalsonata)

Posted : 09/26/2009 12:59 pm

I used Benzoyl Peroxide about a month and 4 days ago, now I've stopped it for a month. It was causing irritations and side effects that I did not want (I also researched and found out that BP was possibly dangerous towards skin, so I didn't want any interactions with it). My skin returned to normal about a week after, but now I noticed that it left some brown spots and a new mole that formed between my eyes (pretty much eyebrows but a bit higher). Weird thing is that I never applied BP where my new mole was (well, I had some pimples close to the place now that has a mole, so I applied some BP on the spots but other than that I don't think I directly applied BP onto it), can it just be a coincidence? Or was it definitely the BP? Thanks for your answers.

MemberMember
(@h8acne11)

Posted : 10/03/2009 6:26 am

I used Benzoyl Peroxide about a month and 4 days ago, now I've stopped it for a month. It was causing irritations and side effects that I did not want (I also researched and found out that BP was possibly dangerous towards skin, so I didn't want any interactions with it). My skin returned to normal about a week after, but now I noticed that it left some brown spots and a new mole that formed between my eyes (pretty much eyebrows but a bit higher). Weird thing is that I never applied BP where my new mole was (well, I had some pimples close to the place now that has a mole, so I applied some BP on the spots but other than that I don't think I directly applied BP onto it), can it just be a coincidence? Or was it definitely the BP? Thanks for your answers.

It could very well be cancer. You should go to your doctor. We aren't doctors here and wouldnt be able to answer what caused it.

MemberMember
(@warrior-of-acne)

Posted : 10/06/2009 5:54 pm

I highly doubt it is cancer. It is probably just a coincidence. BP has been proven many times over to be safe at under 10%. It would be safe to go to a dermatologist to get it checked out, but it is nothing to go crazy over.

MemberMember
(@mrspokes)

Posted : 06/23/2013 3:34 pm

I think it's the combination of the sun and the BP. I have many new moles too after using BP. It's best to wear sunscreen when you go out!