Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyle 1

Possibly quitting the regimen

I have been on the regimen for the last 4 1/2 months and im getting descent results at best. Im clear for a few days, then I get a breakout. During the last 2 months, the acne just got progressivley worse and I have given the regimen plenty of time to work.... Not really sure why this is happening, but thats just because I had such high hopes for it. Just curious if anyone else has not had success with the regimen and tips would be helpful. If anyone else has stopped the regimen and went on another treatment, please let me know what it was. Thanks in advance

Try stopping the Jojoba oil and sticking with the basics - cleanse, BP, moisturize. I find myself staying clearer without the oil.

I have been on the regimen for the last 4 1/2 months and im getting descent results at best. Im clear for a few days, then I get a breakout. During the last 2 months, the acne just got progressivley worse and I have given the regimen plenty of time to work.... Not really sure why this is happening, but thats just because I had such high hopes for it. Just curious if anyone else has not had success with the regimen and tips would be helpful. If anyone else has stopped the regimen and went on another treatment, please let me know what it was. Thanks in advance

Yeah, I filled it out. I answered every question honestly, and every question said I was doing everything right. It says on one of the questions "If you have been strict with the regimen for 4 months, it should have worked for you" I have a very good diet,work out daily, and NEVER wash my face/ do the regimen more than 2 times a day.

Try stopping the Jojoba oil and sticking with the basics - cleanse, BP, moisturize. I find myself staying clearer without the oil.

What do you use to exfoliate?

Don't use the oil. Leave that to when you are clear. I used to use rosehip seed oil it's purpose is to reduce redness and grow new skin...i did research..but because my face is oily i really did not need more oil i felt kind of dirty too. Just stick to cleansing, bp, and moisturizing.

I use...

Cetaphil-gentle cleanser

2.5% bp

clear and clean oil-free moisutizer.

hope this helps...

don't give up...

Don't use the oil. Leave that to when you are clear. I used to use rosehip seed oil it's purpose is to reduce redness and grow new skin...i did research..but because my face is oily i really did not need more oil i felt kind of dirty too. Just stick to cleansing, bp, and moisturizing.

I use...

Cetaphil-gentle cleanser

2.5% bp

hope this helps...

don't give up...

I only use the jojoba to exfoliate. I never use it after my moisturizer or anything. I just apply it to my face before I wash it or anything, leave it on for 5 minutes, and wash it off, then proceed with the regimen.

I use...

Cetaphil-gentle cleanser

2.5% bp

hope this helps...

don't give up...

I only use the jojoba to exfoliate. I never use it after my moisturizer or anything. I just apply it to my face before I wash it or anything, leave it on for 5 minutes, and wash it off, then proceed with the regimen.

Jojoba can be pore clogging for some people - so even leaving it on your face for 5 minutes might be enough to clog you up. I'd also recommend ditching it and seeing if that helps. You might try an AHA for exfoliation (Dan makes one and you might also be able to find an OTC one at a drugstore).

I use...

Cetaphil-gentle cleanser

2.5% bp

hope this helps...

don't give up...

Jojoba can be pore clogging for some people - so even leaving it on your face for 5 minutes might be enough to clog you up. I'd also recommend ditching it and seeing if that helps. You might try an AHA for exfoliation (Dan makes one and you might also be able to find an OTC one at a drugstore).

After I wash my face, there is like a white layer of dead skin sitting on top of my skin if I do not exfoliate. And when I use dans AHA, it just makes even more "flakes"