Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RebeccaDeWinter

Best Probiotic Supplement?

I have a mild fungal infection on one of my finger nails. I went on lamisil and it went away and came back, and Im not going back on that again because now I have elevated liver enzymes! I want to try taking a probiotic to help kill it. Anys recs for a very potent one? Thanks!

I take Primal Defense ULTRA; haven't been taking it long enough to notice anything, but it got really good reviews on a few different websites and is supposedly pretty potent (15 billion little creepy-crawlies per capsule!).

Cultured dairy like kefir and homemade yogurt are supposed to be the most powerful probiotics.

As far as commercial probiotics, I hear Dr. Ohhira's probiotic is supposed to yield really good results.

there is a "medical grade" probiotic called vsl#3 sold in select pharmacys OTC so no prescription required but in the pharmacy behind the counter, its for the treatment of ulcerative colitis and pouchitis.

for 10 packets which could be divided into smaller doses containing 450 billion bacteria it costs around 30 bucks.

http://www.vsl3.com/about.asp

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

there is a "medical grade" probiotic called vsl#3 sold in select pharmacys OTC so no prescription required but in the pharmacy behind the counter, its for the treatment of ulcerative colitis and pouchitis.

for 10 packets which could be divided into smaller doses containing 450 billion bacteria it costs around 30 bucks.

http://www.vsl3.com/about.asp

Same as him but it costs 15 € where I live