Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gLx

Retin-A and Sunscreen

I am on my last month of Accutane and my derm is going to start me on Retin-A to help even my skin tone and help with redmarks once my course is over. I am wondering what type of sunscreen people use.

I avoided the sun like the plague while on Accutane, except for the summer I used Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45, and I hateddddd it, but couldn't find anything better. It makes my face feel a little oily and it feels like it makes me red or burns me a little.

I HAVE to have something that is waterproof/sweatproof, because I tried Eucerin Sensitive Skin Everyday Protection Face Lotion + SPF 30, and it left a white film whenever I sweat or if it rained. Obviously it wasn't waterproof/sweatproof.

What do you guys use? I use CeraVe moisturizer in the day and at night, but no sunscreen. I figure the Retin-A might be a long-term thing if it goes well.. but I am afraid it might make my face a little red :/ Topicals have always given me hell when it comes to cheek redness, and I have a little tane-burn now. So I want to be extra careful with the Retin-A.

SUGGESTIONS???

It needs to be Waterproof/Sweatproof and no particular SPF value, I will only use it for basic everyday use.

uh - well the best bet for sunscreen might be Olay Complete sensitive skin. A good "basic" moisturizer with no filler or any of that crap is Complex 15. Best shit out there, doesn't break you out.