Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
collegegirl19

Cetaphil or CeraVe

Im starting accutane in a week; which products should i buy? Im posting it here because the reviews did not help much. So from personal experience while on accutane which one is better?

Personally, I like CeraVe cream. I think Cetaphil feels and looks too greasy and shiny, but a lot of people do use and love it. On my skin though, CeraVe soaks right in and doesn't look shiny. I'm on month two of claravis and so far haven't had any major facial dryness or redness. Cetaphil does make day lotions that have SPF though where CeraVe does not.

Edited by indygal

I personally don't like either one. I use a wash and serum that I absolutly love love love! You can look at my regimen below to see what I use. I personally haven't flaked once & my skin feels sooo smooth.. The only down fall is that it's pricey. $135 for the serum, it'll last a year. They sell a smaller one for $60 that'll last you 6 months. The wash is $25. It's meant for dry red & red skin. Both that you'll be experiencing while on your course. You can also go into origins for free samples :)

if that's too pricey I'd go for something gentle from Olay. Or look around on boards to see what other people like to use. When I used both cetaphil and cerve I never felt like my face was clean. It doesn't take makeup off completely. Even while using the moisturizer my skin sometimes became irritated and would flake.

Best of luck,

Steph

hmm yeah that is kind of pricey and ive never heard of it before. I guess ill just keep looking for a better one. I tried the cerave cream and it made me break out. so now im not sure. I start accutane this week so any more suggestionss anyone??

i tried cetaphil moisturizer and it was too greasy on my skin. PLus it left me shiney as hell...so now im using cerave; im loving it. It soaks right in your skin leaving it smooth and non greasy. u should give it a try :]

Im really sorry to say but cetaphil and cerave both have bad pore clogging ingredients. If you dont believe me go to the acne detective website, it shows which products clog your skin and irritate. I know they say "non-comedgenic" but its really not. I would use Dan's moisture with jojoba if i were you