Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lil miss

Emotional affects of acne

Hi all

I have suffered from acne for about 13 years and the way it makes u feel inside is so heart breaking. I have felt like it has held me back from doing loads of things like having the confidence to speak to guys etc. It is so unfair and you find yourself saying why me why me. I just turned 27 on monday and i have been asking myself when is this gonna be over for me? when is my face gona stop workIing against me. I've just started dan's regime and i have broken out big time. I'm hoping it is just one of those things that gets worse before it gets better but we will see.

I was just wondering who else feels the same and wants to talk about it.

x

hi there, acne can be a real heartbreaking thing

it also held me back with so much things and most things i still regret

have asked myself that same question; why me?

but you will never know, although i may have found my cure *keep my fingers crossed*

goodluck with dan's products

Hi lilmiss! I just had to answer this post. I started the Regimen about 7 weeks ago and the very same thing happened to me. I broke out very badly the first month. It was about week 4 or five that the benzoyl peroxide started eliminating my cysts. But I do remember when I got the breakout it was absolutely horrible. I even thought about taking Accutane or having surgery. But I just put my trust in the Regimen, knowing that the initial breakout was because there was bacteria in my skin from the get-go and it needed to come out. That's why the BP is effective. It get deep into the skin and pulls everything out. That's what mega-dosing on BP is designed to do, as I found out from a very experienced physician. I showed her pics when I went to see her this past Monday and she was really amazed. So, just hang in there for about three months and be honest about what's happening with your skin. Develop a connection to it and understand that it takes time for new layers of healthy skin to surface without acne. Let me know how it goes!

Hi all

I have suffered from acne for about 13 years and the way it makes u feel inside is so heart breaking. I have felt like it has held me back from doing loads of things like having the confidence to speak to guys etc. It is so unfair and you find yourself saying why me why me. I just turned 27 on monday and i have been asking myself when is this gonna be over for me? when is my face gona stop workIing against me. I've just started dan's regime and i have broken out big time. I'm hoping it is just one of those things that gets worse before it gets better but we will see.

I was just wondering who else feels the same and wants to talk about it.

x