Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone, like many of you hear I've suffered from Acne for years, think It's been around 7 years for me now. Within that time the only clear period was when I was on accutane (however there were still some red marks which the dermotoligist said were deep under the skin and would fade eventually) but it came blazing back full force. =(

So here's some pictures of the current status of it. (I know some people have acne a lot worse than I have so I apologise if this is nothing compared to what you have)

med_gallery_108682_10179_1250914.jpg

med_gallery_108682_10179_2289545.jpg

(Pics waiting to be approved atm)

Currently I am in Nagasaki, it's hot as hell still but my face has been ok, no worse than when I left. Been drinking lots of tap water and tea my host family make, maybe it's helping, who knows. xD

~Been using a normal razor recently, still don't see any improvement over electric shaver.

~Been using something called Panoxyl facewash from Dermo on my face and been using that before I shave instead of shaving foam/cream.

~Drink plety of water, occasionaly fruit juice.

~I don't drink alcohol/soda/coffee, never liked the taste of any them.

~Rarely ate meat at home, maybe 1 serving a week. In Nagasaki, had a lot of it from host family.

~Eat a few portions of fish a week with meal at home and now abroad.

~Not using any moisterisers or anything on skin, though I would like to, scared it willl make things worse.

Been trying to stay upbeat, but after 7 years, surely it's got to settle down soon now? I'm starting to lose hope. =/

if accutane worked the first time maybe try it again?

i heard the second course generally has a higher rate of success than the first

im actually planning on getting on it for the first time haha

if accutane worked the first time maybe try it again?

i heard the second course generally has a higher rate of success than the first

im actually planning on getting on it for the first time haha

I was going to be put on it, but because of being abroad until next August now, I told the Dermo and he agreed to wait. So when I get back It'll probably be a month before I see them because I'm not a priority. Ohh wonderful National Health Service... ~.~ Guess it's better than paying £££££ to see one straight away.

Edited by Nashira