Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-jordan-

BP ran out for 2 weeks

Well, im on prescribed duac once daily gel which is only 25g, and it ran out and i didn't get any for 2 weeks because i was on holiday. Now i'm not sure if it was a combination of sun and no BP for 2 weeks, and the fact the thing i had been washing my face with every day was a asda exfoliation wash, but my spots started flooding back on my chin. Anyway, my mum chopped and changed my products over the months i was clear, so i forgot what the main one which helped me get clear, and it's disapointing because i can barely even remember the products i was using. I remember i never moistured, i had oxy cleanser, clearasil cleanser, clearasil toner, pads, wipes. Whatever i had i was clear.

Now i'm using neutrogena 2 in 1 wash/mask, duac BP, and neatrogena oil free moisturiser. First week on the regemin i had no new spots, and then the week after they came back. I'm on my third week i think, and i think my skin might be improving. I've been doing aspirin exfoliation once a week aswell.

I wish they prescribed more BP grams per prescription.

Well, im on prescribed duac once daily gel which is only 25g, and it ran out and i didn't get any for 2 weeks because i was on holiday. Now i'm not sure if it was a combination of sun and no BP for 2 weeks, and the fact the thing i had been washing my face with every day was a asda exfoliation wash, but my spots started flooding back on my chin. Anyway, my mum chopped and changed my products over the months i was clear, so i forgot what the main one which helped me get clear, and it's disapointing because i can barely even remember the products i was using. I remember i never moistured, i had oxy cleanser, clearasil cleanser, clearasil toner, pads, wipes. Whatever i had i was clear.

Now i'm using neutrogena 2 in 1 wash/mask, duac BP, and neatrogena oil free moisturiser. First week on the regemin i had no new spots, and then the week after they came back. I'm on my third week i think, and i think my skin might be improving. I've been doing aspirin exfoliation once a week aswell.

I wish they prescribed more BP grams per prescription.

Am i back to square 1 now?

I would assume that the no BP for 2 wks is what caused the return of your acne. Hopefully having it back in your regimen will clear you up again. It may take a couple of months before you know if its working for you again, so be patient!

I'd consider switching cleansers if I were you. The Neutrogena one you are using has a couple of problem ingredients. Mentholcan be an irritant to skin and is unnecessary in skin care products (its just gives that tingly feeling after cleaning - makes people think the product is working). Sodium Chloridecan be both pore clogging and irritating to the skin.

Also, salicylic cleansers really don't do that much to prevent acne. The salicylic isn't on your skin long enough to really do anything, so its sort of a wasted step in your regimen. If you still feel like you want to use a salicylic cleanser though, Neutrogena does make a couple better products that don't have some of those problem ingredients.

I would assume that the no BP for 2 wks is what caused the return of your acne. Hopefully having it back in your regimen will clear you up again. It may take a couple of months before you know if its working for you again, so be patient!

I'd consider switching cleansers if I were you. The Neutrogena one you are using has a couple of problem ingredients. Mentholcan be an irritant to skin and is unnecessary in skin care products (its just gives that tingly feeling after cleaning - makes people think the product is working). Sodium Chloridecan be both pore clogging and irritating to the skin.

Also, salicylic cleansers really don't do that much to prevent acne. The salicylic isn't on your skin long enough to really do anything, so its sort of a wasted step in your regimen. If you still feel like you want to use a salicylic cleanser though, Neutrogena does make a couple better products that don't have some of those problem ingredients.

I agree with her. There are only 4 kinds of cleansers for acne:

1) the one which doesn't have any active ingredients, neutral. Will only remove dirt. (Ex. Sebamed)

2) the one which has more aggressive ingredients and can remove dirt, oil, blackheads, and can also be anti-bacterial

3) the one with benzoyl peroxide

4) the one with clorexidine (high-potency anti-bacterial).