Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberryraisin

abnormal hair growth

Does any female here have this issue? If so, what treatments did you have? I have heard of a condition called hirsutism, but not sure exactly what it is? I heard that hormonal imbalance in women can cause this to occur.

I am referring to facial hair for instance, hair that males have due to women having hormonal imbalance. I heard of something called hirsutism, not sure exactly what it is but think it is closely related to it. I am not taking any medication at the moment however.

I am referring to facial hair for instance, hair that males have due to women having hormonal imbalance. I heard of something called hirsutism, not sure exactly what it is but think it is closely related to it. I am not taking any medication at the moment however.

Having PCOS can cause hirsutism. Even if you don't have PCOS, an increased amount of testosterone or adrenal dysfunction can induce this condition as well. Hirsutism is just what you've stated: abnormal hair growth in women. Some women experience an abundance of fine hair growth on the face and chest (and other places) and some experience full on male-like hair growth (coarse hair on the nipples, growing beards and mustaches, etc.).

If you have this condition you might be able to find relief if you inform your doctor. There are hormonal treatments and there are also natural ways, too. There have been studies regarding drinking spearmint tea to block androgen production. Still though, it wouldn't hurt to have your hormones tested to see if anything is out of balance.