Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Compassion

Making friends/fitting in in college

How long did it take for you make new friends or find your clique in college?? Ive been in college for 2 days now and I've made 1 friend but that was through an introduction from a friend that I already know from hs. I don't dorm and i only have 3 classes so its kind of hard to meet new people on campus. Plus its hella hard to talk to new people (especially girls) when I have acne covering my face.

How long did it take for you make new friends or find your clique in college?? Ive been in college for 2 days now and I've made 1 friend but that was through an introduction from a friend that I already know from hs. I don't dorm and i only have 3 classes so its kind of hard to meet new people on campus. Plus its hella hard to talk to new people (especially girls) when I have acne covering my face.

Look man just look ur best all the time shave haircut nice cloths and your good if they look at u dumb fuck those happyflowers bag fucks and get swoll so that if enyone talks about ur acne u can break their neck lol .....dont break their neck jus make their face look worser than urs

It's a lot different when you don't have pals from living in a dorm vs. living off campus. First and foremost, go to class to learn. That's what you're there for. Meeting girls comes after that. Always. Believe me, when you're into your studies more than you're into them, the guys may think you're "dorky", but from the sound of it, you're not there to impress the guys. The gals will see you as a challenge. "Hmm, will he pay more attention to studies or to me?" That kind of thing.

I just hope you keep your ultimate goal, your degree, as #1 because no girlfriend you meet in college is going to pay off your student loan (if you have one) or any bills after college.

Maybe you need to break out of your shell and initiate conversation first. For people who have acne, it's one of the scariest steps one can take but its crucial if you want to break out of that self-conscious cycle. People in college are there to learn, not waste other peoples time like in HS. People are there because they want to be and have an idea what they want to go in life or know that they have to take this step to get where they want to.

Also, it may be a good idea to start connecting with people who are like you. Try to observe or see if theirs anyone in your classes or on campus, that have something in common with you. Whether that would be an: interest, hobby, belief, similar life experience etc. Alot of times, when you can connect with one person thats like you, they'll end up being more in the future; plus, those people will have friends or social connections and that just creates more opportunities to meet new people.

I just hope you keep your ultimate goal, your degree, as #1 because no girlfriend you meet in college is going to pay off your student loan (if you have one) or any bills after college.

Can't agree more.

and yea, guys who study hard are attractive.

Look man just look ur best all the time shave haircut nice cloths and your good if they look at u dumb fuck those happyflowers bag fucks and get swoll so that if enyone talks about ur acne u can break their neck lol .....dont break their neck jus make their face look worser than urs

No cash for nice clothes and stuff but i get what your saying.. i think

I agree with you completely that my studies should be #1 on my list but i have like 6-7 hrs of free time on the campus and I don't wanna spend it sitting alone =/

Also, it may be a good idea to start connecting with people who are like you. Try to observe or see if theirs anyone in your classes or on campus, that have something in common with you. Whether that would be an: interest, hobby, belief, similar life experience etc. Alot of times, when you can connect with one person thats like you, they'll end up being more in the future; plus, those people will have friends or social connections and that just creates more opportunities to meet new people.

Yeah I'm planning on joining a club and stuff and i know that i gotta break out of my shell and actually join it and talk to people.

Can't agree more.

and yea, guys who study hard are attractive.

are guys who study alone in the library still attractive? =)

are guys who study alone in the library still attractive? =)

even better.

Some girls dig your brain more than your face.

Maybe you'll find other girls who study alone in the library too :)

btw, I wouldn't stress about not making new friends in just 2 days. C'mon, it's only been 2 days...

Edited by katharine

haha u said hella, what college u go to man? just be fearless everyone wants to make connections in college so it isnt like highschool :)

I find making friends is hardest when they're all into they're own groups , so it's best to get in there first :P

and girls studying is major turn on for me :dance:

Attractiveness isnt how brainy or beautiful somebody is. The trick is in the connection. Anyway, regarding making friends in college, I didnt have any problems with it coz im quite a humorous guy when i choose to be.

Just try to know more people, sooner or later u will meet some people who share common interests and perspectives.

School is to study, if you need help ask your teacher but if she's busy you must ask a student which will be hard ( at least for me ) Because I am too shy. I've been in college for 3 weeks and I haven't made any friend yet... not even one.

I do have a female friend that was in class with me on last semester but she's older than me.

Unfortunately, she doesn't take classes with me but I do see her sometime.

What I do in class is focus on my work! I try not to look at girls! Although there is a bunch of girls! Thus, they are so so so beautiful. I'm shy and I have bad skin ( scars) with occasional zits.

Try to focus on your work! Don't pay attention to others unless is related to class.

Edited by EddieE

I find making friends is hardest when they're all into they're own groups , so it's best to get in there first :P

and girls studying is major turn on for me :dance:

I agreed!

There's one girl at math and she works by herself but she's usually doing her work ....

I do sit at her table. I love her voice and she looks healthy! We haven't talked yet though.

She never wears make up! She probably don't like it! Lol, but she still looks great.

Edited by EddieE

It's a lot different when you don't have pals from living in a dorm vs. living off campus. First and foremost, go to class to learn. That's what you're there for. Meeting girls comes after that. Always. Believe me, when you're into your studies more than you're into them, the guys may think you're "dorky", but from the sound of it, you're not there to impress the guys. The gals will see you as a challenge. "Hmm, will he pay more attention to studies or to me?" That kind of thing.

Good post! If people are in college to meet girls, they will FAIL! :) My families keeps saying to get a gf and I responded " Girls comes after I finish with college" If I ever meet a girl in college I would ask her myspace or something and chat. A lot of girls look at me :X what I do is look away..... lol I can't manage to look at their eyes! It makes me giggle and that embarrassed me.

Edited by EddieE

EPIC WIN!!! :banana: lol thanks, great advice especially since I'm starting uni next year

EPIC WIN!!! :banana: lol thanks, great advice especially since I'm starting uni next year

Nice! There's even more people at the Uni then college! So expect to see a lot of girls! Lol.

I'm going to stay in college for 2 years to get credits! I want to go to uni. I'm nearly 23 so I want to finish with all this by age 27-30. I want to start a new life :) I want to get married at age 30 if I find the right girl.

Where are you going college? I'm going to a uni in ON, Canada - either Mac, U of T Mississsauga or York (although I prefer Guelph over York).
Middlesex college :)

I might go to boston Uni or Umass.

Yeah, studies and college comes first!

I haven't made any friends in college either.

I am kinda too busy with studying.

Well to think of it, I kinda made a friend. But I only see the dude once a week.

I find it easier to make friends with people who have acne. I almost can be myself.

Oh, and according to many girls I was around, they love smiles. So if you smile at them when making eye contact while talking. They might like it. never know.

There's a bunch of very nice look females at my college. I would say all colleges has very nice attractive people. I never went to one that didn't have attractive people! But still, regardless, I'm not there to make a GF. If it happens, great. If not, no biggy!

You almost have to start the conversations to make friends. I did with the one dude who sat next to me and that's what I said, I kinda made a friend. But it took my part. If I had the balls to talk to other people, then I guess I can start making more friends. But I also have S.A.D.(social anxiety disorder) so it's really REALLY hard for me to start a conversation!

Good luck in school! I should be studying right now... Test tomorrow :|

Oh, and according to many girls I was around, they love smiles. So if you smile at them when making eye contact while talking. They might like it. never know.

That' is so true, smiles help a lot.

making eye contact is like magic, sometimes.

(i totally fell for this guy who look straight into my eyes when we first met...)

but this takes practice, and not to over do it to make it uncomfortable for other people.