Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShakeShake

I'm a Low ACCUTANE dosage. Seems to be working great. Anyone been cured on a low dosage?

Hi i have a few questions for those who were on low dosages of 20-40mg a day. I was put on 60MG a day however it was making me have outbreaks of KP. So my Dr. Told me to alternate 20-40mg every day.

As of now I been on Accutane for 2months and a few days. I have 1 pimple and one cystic acne that was going to erupted, but went down completely in these past few days. It's pretty much gone. (no scar!!)

I have never been this clear in years. Does that mean low dosage is equivalent to those taking high dosages in my case? Has anyone been on low dosages been effect on anyone else? Also do you think I would need to increase dosages during my last few months for my acne to completely be cleared?

Edited by ShakeShake

I'm going to try to see if my dermatologist if I can get 10mg dosage for my moderate acne. (I'm pretty sure it would be severe if it wasn't for my healthy lifestyle and AHA though)

I'm going to try to see if my dermatologist if I can get 10mg dosage for my moderate acne. (I'm pretty sure it would be severe if it wasn't for my healthy lifestyle and AHA though)

Good idea! Didn't know there was an option. Dr said it was by weight. 10mg or 20 mg would make me feel a bit safer.

I am on 10mg/day on my first and second month. During the second month, I started to breakout like crazy until now, it is starting to calm down a little.

I think it's because once a specific amount of accutane is up in your system, it'll stimulate the breakouts- pushing out the bad as some derm saYS...

Now I'm on 30mg/day and the breakouts are calming down a little..