Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am currently a 16 year old boy and years ago I used to be a chubby little kid( Always very healthy ). Then at 14ish I lost about 35 pounds and was 125 pounds 6'3 ft tall.. Which is very very skinny, now im about 140 pounds, ive been trying to gain wight, i was 150 last week eating myself sick, then I went back to eating like a normal person, I lost 13 pounds in 5 days.. Plus IM ALWAYS COLD, my hands turn purple with red spots in school and it takes long for me to warm. For the past 7 months ive been eating flawlessly, I have not eating a single cooking in 5 months, no soda, no fried foods.. I drink ( white black green and oolong ) tea and water, eat fruits veggies - tunafish - some meats and almonds and walnuts- dry cheerios, baking chocolate, / I take zinc , multi vitamin, beta carotene, niacin, fish oil, calcium( I dont drink milk ) = And I work out a little bit to stay healthy.. All of this I dont really care about, I just think maybe if I fix this my acne will go away. I have horrible acne :(... It started when I lost the wieght,, PLEASE HELP ME :( /// If suggestions or know anything that might help me please post ( even though its not about acne I think it has to do with my acne )

You should go to either http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/ or http://www.fitday.com/ and map out what you eat for a few days. If you gained ten pounds in a week, eating yourself sick, then yeah thats probably not healthy. However if you then lost 13 pounds in 5 days, then your almost definitely not eating enough. You just got to find the balance. You are a 16 year old male, you are in the time of your life when you are growing a ton! With the cold hands and feet thing maybe you should check your thyroid too? When is the last time you had a physical exam?

I am currently a 16 year old boy and years ago I used to be a chubby little kid( Always very healthy ). Then at 14ish I lost about 35 pounds and was 125 pounds 6'3 ft tall.. Which is very very skinny, now im about 140 pounds, ive been trying to gain wight, i was 150 last week eating myself sick, then I went back to eating like a normal person, I lost 13 pounds in 5 days.. Plus IM ALWAYS COLD, my hands turn purple with red spots in school and it takes long for me to warm. For the past 7 months ive been eating flawlessly, I have not eating a single cooking in 5 months, no soda, no fried foods.. I drink ( white black green and oolong ) tea and water, eat fruits veggies - tunafish - some meats and almonds and walnuts- dry cheerios, baking chocolate, / I take zinc , multi vitamin, beta carotene, niacin, fish oil, calcium( I dont drink milk ) = And I work out a little bit to stay healthy.. All of this I dont really care about, I just think maybe if I fix this my acne will go away. I have horrible acne :(... It started when I lost the wieght,, PLEASE HELP ME :( /// If suggestions or know anything that might help me please post ( even though its not about acne I think it has to do with my acne )

You might have hyperthyroidism, which is an overactive thyroid gland. This is what i just got diagnosed with. It causes significant weight loss even though your hungry and eat all the time. Might be something to look into. I was having dizzy and fainting spells though and a lot of fatigue.

Get to a doctor. If that doctor can't help you, try another doctor until you find one really committed to figuring out what's wrong.

Interesting. I was also quite "chubby" (Actually more heavily overweight) in my younger years around 9 to 13 years old. At the time I was around 14, I lost so much of it, and that's also when my acne came in. I am now also finding it hard to gain weight (I am about 135 lbs. now). I understand it's possible that it could be linked to a problem with the thyroid. I do always remember having "dizzy spells" and all (they got very bad at times, where I felt like I was going to die), which usually were triggered when I was eating.

Edited by Mr. Crab

Interesting. I was also quite "chubby" (Actually more heavily overweight) in my younger years around 9 to 13 years old. At the time I was around 14, I lost so much of it, and that's also when my acne came in. I am now also finding it hard to gain weight (I am about 135 lbs. now). I understand it's possible that it could be linked to a problem with the thyroid. I do always remember having "dizzy spells" and all (they got very bad at times, where I felt like I was going to die), which usually were triggered when I was eating.

Ya i would def get blood work done if you can to find out if you do have it. I felt like i was gonna pass out and die too a couple of times when i was eating, but this happned before i was on a diet and eating whatever, about 6months or so ago. Then it came back for me but didnt really happen when i was eating. I get blood results back again monday to see if the levels are still low for my hyperthyroidism, in which im sure it will be. Cause i still am losing wieght and cannot gain.

I have been weighing in between 135-140. I woke up and was weighing 136, and ate over 2800 calories for the day, well enough to put on some pounds from weighing that low. I woke up today weighing a little under 136. :( No matter how much i try to eat it, i cant gain anything. Unfortunately i have to wait and get meds until thursday for it since i have to travel out of town to get it. I am hoping this will work.

Oh and I forgot to add.. that I have the inability to heal.....I got a paper cut back in june, nothing serious, but it looks like i got the cut yesterday, its still there..... Ive been putting vitamin E on my face everynight before sleep - Helps a little with the scaring I think, not much.

Brandon,

I 2nd Databased, pls go to the Dr. You should be healing quickly at your age. We aren't doctors on here so we can't diagnose, we can only guess what it might be. Guess work is not what you want and could only worry/confuse you further so go get some medical help and let us know how you get along.

Best wishes :D

Yeah I think there is a decent chance that you may be hyperthyroid as well. Search google for some symptoms and see how you match up

not being able to gain weight is a sympton of having candida

this is what a homepath told me ... that i have candida but she dint say that it was the reason i cant gain weight. mabey it is tho