Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShirleyB

Low Dose B5

I have been thinking about trying B5 for my mild/moderate acne mostly on my chin & jawline. However, I am NOT interested in megadosing, altho I know the one and only study by Dr. Leung used 5-10g+ to get the desirable result and people who posted here are mostly using 10g. I'm a petite woman less than 100lbs and am willing to try a low dose approach such as 500mg-1g, perhaps up to 2g. Have anyone here tried this low dose B5 method and got clear??? Any success stories?? :surprised: Thanks for any reply!

Edited by ShirleyB

Anyone?

I don't know of many people who have got clear on it (low dose). I'd suspect if you have a marginal case of acne, a low dose may be just enough to help, but I'm guessing on that one. For your moderate acne, I don't think it would be enough. It could be if you have a bad diet, and change that around and add some b5. I would certainly go for a low GI/GL diet anyway first and foremost.

Thanks wibble. I'm already on a strict diet for more than a year: no sugar, no gluten, no dairy, no sweet fruits, no caffeine, low fat. I'm loosing a lot of weight but the only thing I can't loose is my acne.. :doh: Right now I have tons of clogged pores, red marks and a deep cyst, B5 is my last holistic hope..

Thanks Database. I should have listed what I'm on to begin with: Probiotics, Beta carotene, Vitamin D3, B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, nicotinamide, and Zinc. I've been on these for 10 months now, especially zinc when time gets tough. Didn't see any difference since I started so I'm thinking about B5...

I did a low dose my second time around which was at <2g and it worked VERY well.... of course all my hairloss put a halt to it......but acne wise.... 2g/day was heaven for me.

Hate to break it to you but anything less than 5 grams of B5 isn't going to give you any of the desired results that 10-20 grams will get you. You'll just be wasting your time and money.

Hey sowet,,

I was wondering. When u went down to 2g were u taking biotin or a b-complex. Did u still suffer from hairloss, even at just 2g?

I did a low dose my second time around which was at <2g and it worked VERY well.... of course all my hairloss put a halt to it......but acne wise.... 2g/day was heaven for me.

That's good news sowet acnewise that B5 helped you but not so hairwise :doh: Did you experience any IB????

Hate to break it to you but anything less than 5 grams of B5 isn't going to give you any of the desired results that 10-20 grams will get you.

I'm not sure...I've read throu all 30 some pages of the B5 reviews here and quite a few people got clear on 2-3g. I guess it depends on how bad the problem is. Mine is mild bordering on moderate so I'm hoping a low dose will do...

I'M DONE,,,

Been taking b-5 for about a month 3g first week, then 5g 2nd week, then 6g. third week Lowered it to 1.5g 4th week. I just saw waaaay too much hair in the shower drain this morning. Like a big clump.

B5 was for sure working, but the hair loss is too much of a price.

My new plan, get my hair back to normal. I will then try Pantethine to see if it too causes hair loss. See ya in a few weeks, hopefully.

I'M DONE,,,

Been taking b-5 for about a month 3g first week, then 5g 2nd week, then 6g. third week Lowered it to 1.5g 4th week. I just saw waaaay too much hair in the shower drain this morning. Like a big clump.

B5 was for sure working, but the hair loss is too much of a price.

My new plan, get my hair back to normal. I will then try Pantethine to see if it too causes hair loss. See ya in a few weeks, hopefully.

That is why I'm thinking about a low dose trial, to avoid any possible side effects.

Thanks for your input stm1975. Please let us know soon how things go with the hair and Pantethine!

Edited by ShirleyB

Ok will do,,,,

I suggest a very gradual raise in dose of B5, maybe like .5 to 1 g a day. Don't up it for a while. If u see any signs of hair loss I would stop. From what I read it can last several months. I hope since I wasn't on it very long, it will rebound a bit quicker.

Too bad about this hair loss, It was really starting to work.

I wonder why B5 didn't work for me. I took 15 grams for three weeks and in the last days raised to 20 grams. Nothing.

hey strato

I would say it's probably that highly complex acne monster. What works for one person does absolutely nothing for another. It's hard to believe something as simple as an inflamed pore is so hard to figure out. Ridiculous isn't it.

I suggest a very gradual raise in dose of B5, maybe like .5 to 1 g a day.

My thoughts exactly. Gradual increase helps finding the exact dosage that works.

I wonder why B5 didn't work for me. I took 15 grams for three weeks and in the last days raised to 20 grams. Nothing.

Maybe it takes up to a month or two to see results...did you ever see any oil reduction at all?

Edited by ShirleyB