Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RSXBOI

food has no affect on my acne

I thought I had the answer...No sugar for me and no acne. Well turns out that my acne just keeps comming back no matter what I do. I think the results I've seen with certain changes in diet or pills have been coincidence or luck.

Dairy did nothing for me

No sugar did nothing

Drink tons of water made my stomach hurt and piss all day..No efffect on acne

Zinc did nothing but make my stomach hurt and break out in tiny little bumps..weird

Niacin was garbage and made it ten times worse...Holy hell I will never try Niacin again.

And all the other vitamins did was make my face shinny and better complexion but no affect on acne.

It's proven that for me food and vitamins are a non factor...I thought it owuld be as easy as finding what foos to avoid and no more acne. it was to easy to be true.

I have no other option but to try and cure myself with accutane...I'm 24 and I'm done with acne. fuck it.

Dairy did nothing for me

So that's pretty good news -- if you really did total elimination of dairy for >=4 weeks, carefully counted/graphed lesions each day, and then followed by 4 weeks of intensive dairy. Did you actually count and record, or did you just kinda wing it and eyeball the results? Really managed to eliminate all the cheese, butter, etc. that lurks everywhere in the processed food supply? Must not have eaten at hardly any restaurants...

No sugar did nothing

So you went on an Atkins-style no-carb diet for a month, recorded lesion counts each day, and got no effect at all? That's pretty weird -- extreme diets like that usually produce some effect on just about everything at least initially. Or were you actually sneaking in significant sugar from fruits, berries, the processed foods that almost always have added sugar? Kept a food diary while recording the daily lesion count?

Drink tons of water made my stomach hurt and piss all day..No efffect on acne

Yeah, no scientist ever proposed a biological mechanism for acne that would be affected by water intake.

Zinc did nothing but make my stomach hurt and break out in tiny little bumps..weird

Most people get a statistical decrease in inflammation, but that's not going to be detectable unless you test for a month on/off and actually record a grade of symptom severity -- I'm guessing you again just winged it and never put pen to paper once for your "experiment". IMHO, the effects of zinc are going to be highly variable and depend directly on how large/long your nocturnal pineal melatonin surge is.

Niacin was garbage and made it ten times worse...Holy hell I will never try Niacin again.
And you weren't trying anything else at the same time? Man, this is like the biggest share of a year's worth of experiments you're talking about to actually test each one properly -- did you really spend a year on this?

It's proven that for me food and vitamins are a non factor...I thought it owuld be as easy as finding what foos to avoid and no more acne. it was to easy to be true.
Well, it was proven that bleeding people with leeches is a good way to cure infectious disease -- until they actually started writing down outcomes, comparing leech-to-no-leech, etc. IMHO, the degree to which food affects acne depends on daytime outdoor light exposure, but most people (even food-obsessed acne sufferers) have never kept a food diary in their lives and have no idea how much, say, fructose they're taking in in a day, so it's very hard to establish any simple relationship from food to acne, let alone control for all the factors that could alter that relationship.

I have no other option but to try and cure myself with accutane...I'm 24 and I'm done with acne. fuck it.
People only have the options they believe they have, so that's a tautology. Many people are happy with the results from accutane, so why not? There are risks, but so are there risks from suffering with acne for years. I hope you end up being one of the Accutane success stories -- good luck!

databased - ive been off diary for about 5 - 6 months and have not seen any improvement at all. No i had not completey eliminated dairy 100% but the tiny amount that i was eating was so small that it should of helped my acne - didnt do anything though

databased - ive been off diary for about 5 - 6 months and have not seen any improvement at all. No i had not completey eliminated dairy 100% but the tiny amount that i was eating was so small that it should of helped my acne - didnt do anything though

I have been completly off dairy for 4 months and no change in mine, but i am still avoiding it.

for the better part of a year I have tested all these things...

The dairy I have been doing for a while now...No fast food, no cheese, milk, butter...I ate chicken, beef turkey and fruits along with other non dairy.

The sugar test I did for jsut this oast month...it looked like it started to work then bam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new pimples no matter what and my face lacked color and pigmintation.

Zinc and other Vitamins like ,E ,A Omega 3, b-5 I have done for over 4-5 months with no results. Actually vitamin a was making me feel like crap.

It sounds like you are definitely in a frustrating situation! I can totally relate because I had the same issue. No matter what I changed in my diet, my acne remained severe.

My face didn't start clearing up until I saw a naturopathic doctor that made me get a blood test and saliva test for hormones. He also did muscle testing on me to see what suplements I needed. Now my face is mostly clear and getting better every week!

Please don't waste your time and money trying to self diagnose. There are tests to find out what your body really needs.

It sounds like you are definitely in a frustrating situation! I can totally relate because I had the same issue. No matter what I changed in my diet, my acne remained severe.

My face didn't start clearing up until I saw a naturopathic doctor that made me get a blood test and saliva test for hormones. He also did muscle testing on me to see what suplements I needed. Now my face is mostly clear and getting better every week!

Please don't waste your time and money trying to self diagnose. There are tests to find out what your body really needs.

what do you do know to keep clear ? suplements etc ?

Well, All I know is since I change my diet, my acne has improved quite a bit. Now, granted i use tretinoin cream and some prescription wipes but it definetly has an impact. I think alot of people make the mistake of not researching the foods, in which they eat. alot of people think that all vitamins, fruits, vegetables, advertisements such as "contains omega 3's, organic, all natural" etc are created the same or have the same nutritional value but their not.

For example, some people think drinking V8 juice will help their acne because it's a all vegetable drink but in reality, it has just as much junk in it and would basically do you as good as eating a big, fat, greasy burger from McDonalds. Just look at the back of the incredients and you can see it is not just a "all vegetable drink". It's hard to find things that haven't had any: corn syrup, msg, corn starch, artifical sugars/sweetners, soy, artifical food coloring/flavors etc.. added to it. Their are so many cures for common ailments in the very food we eat but we have lived in a society of convience and rely alot of our health on anti-biotics, which basically just breaks down your immune system over time. It's poison, in a small-concentrated capsule.

Our bodies were created to be effective and to be taken care of and eating the junk food of today will have an impact. We were designed that way, if we abuse our bodies in anyway; wheather it be with alcohol, overeating, improper eating, To much sun exposure, neglecting basic hygiene etc. We will experience some form of consequences, whether it be: physically, mentally, spiritually etc..

I mean, how come japanese/chinese people are so much healhier than us americans? I mean, one lady on here was talking bout the benefits/healing properities of tumeric; Which was completely foreign to me. Drug companies don't want you to know this kind of thing, because thats how they make their profits and have you stuck paying high health insurance and paying the doctor 75 dollars or so a visit just to tell you whats wrong and how to fix it.

Hey RSXBOI, just wanted to say I totally sympathize; changing my diet never did anything for my acne. No matter how clean and wholefoody and unprocessed I ate, or how many different things I tried eliminating, I still had the same acne.

I still don't eat junk because it basically makes everything else worse, and is just generally unhealthy. But whatever else junk food does, it never manifested itself as acne, for me.

I think all of our causes are different, so I don't want to say that in the end, for you it can't be something dietary. But I hear your frustration!! I don't think the answer is as simple as "no one drink milk" or "no one eat peanutbutter". Or "if you have acne, you simply must be eating hydrogenated oil". If there were one answer for everyone, I doubt these boards would exist.

Anyway, so that was unhelpful. But good luck in your quest!

For the record, I did find my particular etiolog: it was vitamin d deficiency, after all. So not food, but lack of sunshine! All clear now. Feel free to try it if you haven't, though your mileage may vary.

what do you do know to keep clear ? suplements etc ?

I take quite a range of vitamins and minerals that were suggested by my naturopath. I have Hypochlorhydria which is low stomach acid. I was extremely mineral deficient. I was muscle-tested to learn what supplements I needed and how much.

PLEASE go see a naturopathic or holistic doctor!!!!! I cannot stress this enough. Without the proper tests, you have no idea about the current state of your body or what it does or does not need. It's like being in the woods in the dark with no map and no compass. You are just blindly wandering around trying to find a cure when you don't know the current condition of your health.