Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandoncolorado

Shaving Problem or Acne?

I have been clear of most acne for a few months now thanks to some good medicine. Here is what I did a few days back:

1) Shaved in the evening one day.

2) Shaved before going to bed the next night. (after working out).

I woke up in the morning with 4-6 white acne or ingrown hair pimples along my jaw line. Some seemed to be caused by ingrown hairs, but I really couldn't tell.

Here is my question:

Do any men on here have problems like this when shaving every day?

Do any men on here have problems like this when shaving right before bead or after working out?

My boyfriend had this problem (badly!) until I got him a product that contains aspirin and anti-irritants to apply like an aftershave after shaving. It's Paula's Choice Skin Relief Treatment. I really recommend this or a similar product. He got these ingrown hairs and acne every time he shaved, and it was worse if he sweated much during the day.

Most likely Razor-burn, it does look like acne and can get a few whiteheads along with it I believe.

Make sure you shave along the grain and don't press hard unnecessarily, I'm sure you know how to shave correctly so I won't waste your time.

Wouldn't worry about it ;)