Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SilentWalker

There should be an iPhone/mobile version of this site.

I understand you guys work really hard to keep this site running, and we appreciate, but here is a suggestion I'm sure thousands want - a mobile/iPhone version of the site...or even better an App Store app for Acne.org.

It should be without the daily vid tab (which takes up 1/2 of my screen as it follows my scroll and it doesn't hide behind the page). It should be totally flash-free and only have a thumbnail for vids, but unlike the daily vid one where it is a fixed size, scrolls with you, and takes up so much space.

Awh man, I can't go on the Org correctly on my phone. I'm too cheap for an iPhone so I don't get the all-internet thing, only ones that have mobile versions. :(

Awh man, I can't go on the Org correctly on my phone. I'm too cheap for an iPhone so I don't get the all-internet thing, only ones that have mobile versions. :(

well lys consider yourself lucky, i dont have a phone full stop. i dropped it on the footpath and i didnt realise and then when i went to get it from my pocket i couldnt find it, had a massive panic attack/ heart attack, and then retraced my steps and found my phone on the footpath crushed into a billion peices! and it was only 3 months old.

so now i have no car, and no phone. what next? no laptop or xbox, now that would suck big time!

Edited by Shekshee Beast

I have used this in the past on my iPod Touch. It works ok for every now and then, but it would get annoying if I was using it regularly. The chat was a bit annoying on there too as the iPod kept wanting to be intelligent and helpful and zoom in on things when I type, but then I couldnt see what was going on while I was typing.

I like watching the regimen videos on Youtube on my iPod. Really handy for a quite refresh every now and then without having to use my laptop if im not on it.

well lys consider yourself lucky, i dont have a phone full stop. i dropped it on the footpath and i didnt realise and then when i went to get it from my pocket i couldnt find it, had a massive panic attack/ heart attack, and then retraced my steps and found my phone on the footpath crushed into a billion peices! and it was only 3 months old.

so now i have no car, and no phone. what next? no laptop or xbox, now that would suck big time!

Awh Sam, I'd buy you everything in the world you wanted if I could. <3 Sorry.

Yeah, I'd love to do this. The first attempt didn't end up working out. I'm not sure why. But if anyone is a good iPhone coder, please get in touch :)

Yeah, I'd love to do this. The first attempt didn't end up working out. I'm not sure why. But if anyone is a good iPhone coder, please get in touch :)

Hey Dan can you tell the techy person who manages the site to change the behavior of the daily video blog tab that slides out? My problem is that whenever I select reply (or, as a matter of fact, type anything on the site), the tab slides down and blocks half of the input box.

What i mean is that although on a normal PC the video tab stays behind the page unless clicked, on the iPod touch the video thumbnail (what you click on to start the vid) shows through the page and stays above all other layers, blocking what I'm typing. This occurs because when I click on reply or anything thAt brings up the keyboard, the vid tab slides down the page into my view.

I'll show you what I mean with a screenie. Note, I did not click on the tab or interact with it in any way. All I did was click on the input field and begin typing -

(I'll upload the pic when I get home)