Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

So is it just me ?

Whenever I drink alcohol I find the redness from BP takes HOURS to fade if i apply it the following morning.

Whereas on a normal day my skin usually goes back to its normal complexion in about an hour

Is this just me?

No, alcohol consumption even without use of BP can cause facial flushing for some people that takes hours to resolve.

Do you get facial flushing from alcohol when you *don't* use BP?

Hmm. I might have to look around and see what I can find. Sounds like a physiological response to the alcohol.

Seems like it could be related to the effects of the alcohol on skin that's *already* red. Maybe once the skin is red it doesn't resolve as quickly because of the vascular response to the alcohol. Know what I mean?

Hi guys

I've been on the regimen before(in the past for 9/10 weeks) and whenever I drink my face reacts horribly to BP and makes me very very red.

When I just drink I never get a flushed face. When I apply BP without drinking it usually takes about 1 and a half for the redness to subside.

Anyway, I went out on Thursday night and got very drunk, I didn't apply BP as I stayed over a friends.

First thing I did when I go home was the regimen, oh wow... my face went so red and continued to stay red all day. I applied BP that night as well and when I woke up my face wasn't too bad. The I applied in the morning ready for work and I looked ridiculously red ALL day.

I've never had this issue before so I'm confused :wall:

When I put the back of my hand against my face it also has a burning sensation :(

Seems to me like BP and alcohol really really aren't a good combo which sucks so much.

Good Skin = Going out = Drinking

Can anyone help me out?

I'm seriously considering just using BP once a day (at night), can't be doing with this redness :(

I'm using Quinoderm Facial Cleanser, Quinoderm 5% BP and Cetaphil Moisturiser

Edited by aliass

That's pretty unusual. I can't think of anyone else experiencing the same thing.

Sucks so much :(

I find something that clears my skin up 90% and i can't drink alcohol whilst on it.

Differin made my skin go oily as HELL. I don't even have oily skin!

FML

Ah well I've always told myself once i hit 22 I'll stop freaking out about my skin as i know i WILL outgrow it. Parents have flawless skin and my brothers don't even treat theirs! 2 years and counting.

I'm wondering if it's one of the ingredients in the BP I use.

Edited by aliass

Anymore answers cecelia? I had to go work the other day after drinking and have NEVER looked so red.

When you drink, do you drink to the point of dehydration? Your skin may be dehydrated and getting irritated from the bp maybe.

And sometimes alcohol in general can cause facial redness.

When you drink, do you drink to the point of dehydration? Your skin may be dehydrated and getting irritated from the bp maybe.

And sometimes alcohol in general can cause facial redness.

Nope :S i came home and had a pint of water before going bed.

Alcohol has never really made my skin look flushed before though :think:

Maybe I should try a different brand of BP? Would it be worth me trying Dans?

Edited by aliass

Well I've just ordered a 16oz bottle of dans BP.

2.5%>5% Anyway and less redness/drying is always a plus. It's going to take 3 weeks to get here though so in the mean time I'll just use my 5% quinoderm. I'm guessing when i get dans bp I won't have to start out with very small amounts seeing as I've been using 5% BP?

£30 for the 16oz bottle delivered :(

Edited by aliass