Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GivingUpHope85

Have skin like me? PLEASE recommend a regimen!

Hi everyone,

I have struggled with mild - moderate acne for as long as I can remember. I was seeing a dermatologist for awhile but everytime they prescribed something that worked, they would decrease the dosage and I would break out again. Eventually I got frustrated and stopped going. Since then, I've tried all sorts of things, including Proactiv (didn't work for long). Ten years have gone by (I am 24) and my acne is not nearly as bad as it used to be. However, it is probably even MORE frustrating. I think I have cystic acne. When I get a breakout, it's usually big, red, and extremely painful. My breakouts are on my chin 85% of the time, my cheeks 10% of the time, and my forehead 5% of the time (rarely).

In addition, my skin is also *very* sensitive. It will look OK after I moisturize (which I do twice a day), but if I even touch it, like to apply concealer, it flakes.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I've been using Dan's regimen since January but my problems are still on and off. In other words, I'm not 100% satisfied with how my skin looks (especially not today).

I went to a dermatologist again for the first time in about a decade last week. Since my skin was actually somewhat clear at the time, he only prescribed me Retin-A (tried it before, didn't work). Assuming my skin may have changed in the past 10 years, I figured I'd give it a shot. So far, no changes. If anything, it's worse.

If you have similar problems and have found a regimen that works for you, I'm begging you, PLEASE share!

sounds like you need to ask your derm about accutane sence nothing else has worked for you im 40 been fighting ance 25 years thought it was something i was just going to have to live with then i went to this new derm that put me on accutane for 7 months it did wonders for my skin i finished my course in july & im stiil clear today hope you find something thats works for you & the best of luck to you