Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MPD014

Does moisturizing help red marks??

Posted

I just finished accutane and I have red marks. Not rly bad. But just.. some marks that are left behind. If i use cetaphil after my clindamycn(from derm), will that help my skin fade the marks? any other tips like this? icing? cold water? please dont forward me to another thread, tell me to put some fancy oil on my face (no sugar or olive oil. dont wanna take the chance and my mom will think im insane..), or kits/acne ointments/etc.

Posted

BUMP^^ SOME1 PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Posted

Actually olive oil is great because it helps with the post acne marks and does not clog pores. It absolutly does not clog pores. Another thing that is great is vitamen e gel, straight from the capsules. You rub it into your post acne marks at night. Well I suggest at night because it is greasy and will make your face shiny and sticky feeling. But that also does not clog your pores.

Posted

olive oil, or extra virgin olive oil to be exact, can clog pores for some individuals. anyways, i doubt moisturizer helps red marks. though, some people claim they've faded their marks by moisturizing w/ jojoba oil.

there's way too many things to list that supposedly help red marks. really just got to experiment for yourself as your results will vary.

Posted (edited)

Yes i think it does help fading red marks. Skin heals better when it is moist and clean

Edited by OrionNebula