Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luong

MOISTURIZER on ACCUTANE

Hey,

Iv started accutane a few days ago. DO you moisturizer twice a day? once in the morning and once beofre you sleep? IM not sure if that lessens the effect of accutane. Basically my face is dry and really sore! especially around the jaw line where I have cyst.

Basically I just want to know what is a good moisturiser that I can purchase in the UK!! is Euracin good? and is it possile to use bio oil instead?

suggestions plz!

thanks

O and also when yu get flakey skin how do you get rid of it!?!? exfloliaters are to harsh for me sore skin right now.

Any help appreciated plz!

I recommend cetaphil lotion in the morning and cetaphil cream at night. Eucerin is also a good choice. For SPF lotion in the morning, neutrogena SPF 15 or cetaphil will do.

Quick tip, always & I mean always moisturize. Dry skin does not heal as fast and as well as moisturized skin. Moisturzing will be your bestfriend for the next 6 six months. Use it religiously! Slab a shitlload on your face before bed so you won't have flakiness in the morning.

And NEVER exfoliate on accutane unless you want cracked, dry and irritated skin!

I'm also on accutane. 3 months in. so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to msg me. Goodluck!

I'm in week 13. I very rarely moisturize. If needed, I use Neotrogena oil free and only used in the areas that need it. Previously used cetaphil wash (didn't make me feel clean though, so now use baby wash soap), use fingertips in circular motion, PAT dry.

Thanks JR20,

Thing is I live in England and they dont sell cetaphil so Im considering Eucerin replenshing face cream with 5 % urea. Just worried if that will break me out.

Quick tip, always & I mean always moisturize. Dry skin does not heal as fast and as well as moisturized skin. Moisturzing will be your bestfriend for the next 6 six months. Use it religiously! Slab a shitlload on your face before bed so you won't have flakiness in the morning.

I'm also on accutane. 3 months in. so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to msg me. Goodluck!

I moisture with Eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion spf 15 it is AMAZING it has a green tint that cancels out the redness in your face and it works really well with moisturing the skin and protecting it from the sun. then at night I use the Eucerin redness relief soothing night creme

I've used eucerin 5% urea and I doubt that it causes breakouts. Use it for 3 days see how it goes.

My acne is mild to moderate and persistent.

& yes definitely moisturize all the time.

If you're worried about greasiness, buy oil blotting sheets.

After you apply moisturizer in the morning, let it soak into the skin and then blot away the grease.

Problem solved. you'll be well moisturized without being greasy looking. & you won't have dry flaking skin all day.

I had the initial breakout for about 2 weeks. After a month, my skin wasn't oily anymore and my skin texture was so much better.

Its now week 9, I still have some red marks and 3 zits. But it's all good. Just stick with it and you'll be glad you did!

thanks. So what is the best Eucerin product to use??? There quite a range out there on the website. any suggestions?

Does moisturising actually speed uo healing on accutane??? I always thought it was better to let it dry out first!?

I recommend using eucerin original cream for dry to very dry skin at night. It usually comes in a big tub. In the morning use something with SPF like neutrogena SPF 15 for sensitive skin. It will make you look greasy so use the oil blotting sheets.

& yes. skin renews and repairs itself much better when it's moisturized.

It's good when a zit dries out but seriously moisture is the skins bestfriend. So when you take that away, the skin produces more oil to compensate thus more breakouts.

eucerin should be fine. if it says oil free or w/e the fancy word for it is... ur good. i used cetaphil though, and it was fine.