Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

So I've been using the regimen for about a year now and it's great for acne. I rarely ever have pimples. Although it's great for the pimples, I'm extremely disappointed by the fact that my skin is CONSTANTLY flaking. I thought it would be dry but not this dry after I year. I use jojoba oil with moisturizer and it works for the day until I start to eat food; AHA at night. Also, it's like whenever I touch water with my face it flakes like no other. After I take a shower, wash my face, or go swimming in a pool, my face feels like someone is grabbing both cheeks and stretching it. I really don't know what to do anymore about the tightness and flaking. I'm think about stopping the regimen but don't know how that would affect the dryness. Could my body not be creating the oils anymore that it was once before?

Hey guys,

So I've been using the regimen for about a year now and it's great for acne. I rarely ever have pimples. Although it's great for the pimples, I'm extremely disappointed by the fact that my skin is CONSTANTLY flaking. I thought it would be dry but not this dry after I year. I use jojoba oil with moisturizer and it works for the day until I start to eat food; AHA at night. Also, it's like whenever I touch water with my face it flakes like no other. After I take a shower, wash my face, or go swimming in a pool, my face feels like someone is grabbing both cheeks and stretching it. I really don't know what to do anymore about the tightness and flaking. I'm think about stopping the regimen but don't know how that would affect the dryness. Could my body not be creating the oils anymore that it was once before?

Try jojoba oil. I bought it right off the bat when I started the regimen and love it. I have experimented, using it some nights and not others. When I haven't used it, I would get a ton of flakes. When I use jojoba oil I have absolutely no flakes even with the full amount of BP. Only thing is it does add a bit of "shine" to your face and looks a bit oily but a lot better than flakes

I use Jojoba oil with moisturizer in the mornings and moisturize with AHA at night. It still happens though after I shower or anything. I feel like my whole face is ripping apart.

I'm on a very similar regimen with a similar problem, so bump.