Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ic892003

shady dermatologist says i have rosacea

Hello all,

I have had cycstic acne since i was 16 that has develped into keloid scars on my shoulders and my chest. i am now almost 20 years old. My dermatologist says i have rosacea and has put me on doxycycline for 3 months in the beginning of the year. Although i was upset about my facial "acne", i wanted my cycsts on my shoulders to stop and i wanted to treat my keloids. Wheni kept complaining to him he said that i get keloids and cycstic acne because i drink "protein shakes"and when i tried to explain what i drink he said all supplements are bad. He refused to give me costeroid injections because he said my insurance company may not reimburse him. this guy has made my life a living hell. So i went to a new derm and she put me on accutane and ive been on it for almost 2 months. My keloids are flattening out and my acne is going away. But now i am concerned about rosacea if i have it. i do not have the common traits of someone with rosacea thats why i am skeptical. I am a male, of south asian decent and i am 19. i do get acne on my face that is not normal acne, sometimes they will be there for weeks at a time so maybe i do have rosacea but my new dermatologist isnt sure. She is also saying that once the accutane is complete my rosacea symptoms will not reappear or they will be much less?? any information will be greatly appreciated