Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lindsey2589

Accutane costs?

Hi everyone,

I will be buying my first months supply of Accutane :dance: (hopefully this week after my Derma appt Tuesday). I am curious what to expect for a cost of the pills.

I DO have insurance, but it's never very much coverage. :boohoo:

Has anyone ever had to buy the generic version of Accutane WITHOUT insurance? If so, how much was it? And has anyone purchased Accutane or a generic version while using insurance? Blue Cross Blue Sheilds by chace? Curious of what kind of cost I should expect!

THANKS GUYS!!

Linds

Hi I bought the brand-name Roche version, 40mg. One month's supply costed me only $20 after I got 80% off from my health plan. I was surprised it was this cheap despite what this website claims to be a very expensive drug.

Hi I bought the brand-name Roche version, 40mg. One month's supply costed me only $20 after I got 80% off from my health plan. I was surprised it was this cheap despite what this website claims to be a very expensive drug.

i think mine is only 4 or 8 bucks because of health insurance for 30 40mg pills! its not accutane its an offbrand but it still works great!

The cash price for the generics can vary widely depending on the pharmacy. I have a consumer driven health plan, so I have to pay the cash price for my prescriptions and then we get reimbursed 90%. I've paid as little as $470 for Sotret and $787 for Claravis at the same dosage. If you end up having to pay out of pocket for your medicine, my advice to you is to call around to find the cheapest price near you. Good luck!

We have insurance, but an extremely high deductible; therefore, the costs are essentially out of pocket. An exhaustive search for the lowest price for a generic form of Accutane (Sotret, Claravis, etc.) revealed that Sam's Club was the cheapest, even after purchasing a "Plus" membership. We pay $204 for 30 days of 60mg Claravis. FYI - We also contacted all the manufacturer's too, and was told by each one that there were no assistance programs available.

Shop around! Good luck!

I pay 100% cash out of pocket (no insurance).. I shoped around and found that if you purchase a walgreens membership card for $20.00, Claravis will cost you $130 for 30 day supply at 40 mg.. Very cheap compared to all other drug stores. About 50% to 60% lower than other pharmacys sell for.

Hopefully your insurance will cover your entire dosage perscribed, but if not walgreens is worth looking into.

Best of luck!

Stephanie <3

hi lindsey,

at first my insurance didnt want to cover for my Claravis pills and it was going to run me around $130 for a 30 day supplies for 40 mg. one of the nurse at my derm office told me to call her back if the insurance company didnt want to cover it and i did. lucky, the nurse at my derm office convinced my insurance and had them cover my whole 6 months treatment. so, now i pay only $10 out of pocket when i pick up my pills at the pharmacy. you should ask your derm office how much its going to cost and if they could get your insurance to approve for accutane.

here in northeast arkansas the 20mg clavaris twice daily (30 days of 40mg) is $265 from the pharmacy but only $10 if you have insurance. idk much about clavaris but it seems to be one of the best generics seeing that alot of ppl use it and like it. just got mine today and started. good luck :)

I have insurance but I get many of my meds from online pharmacies out of the US. There are 4 that I have purchased from and they are legit. Only 2 of them have accutane, however. The cheapest is 90 tabs of 20mg for $130 or 180 tablets for $250.

The only time I get meds from local pharmacies is when it's fairly urgent or when it's favorably priced, but things like refills of Accutane are not urgent. Ordering online takes 1-3 weeks