Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
minesworse

what do i have here? [pic]

hi everybody, i'm jon and i have acne. :shifty:

[lol.]

i'm 16, had acne since i was 12 or 13 and since then, looking at pictures and such, i realized it's gotten waaay worse. i've never really done anything about it except a helluva lot of picking. but today i decided that i'm kind of tired of having my face be utterly revolting.

so i was thinking the best way to start would be to sort of assess where it's at. i don't know really what kind of acne i have, or if it's as bad as i think it is, or if i have scarring or whatever. anyone want to tell me? :)

also, will the regimen work if it's as bad as mine?

thanks

post-112916-1253484186_thumb.jpg

post-112916-1253484186_thumb.jpg

You have moderate acne and since you've been picking at your skin a lot, you'll probably end up with some scars. Do yourself a favor and stop picking to prevent future scars. Also, it's possible that the regimen will clear you up seeing as you don't have any cysts or nodules.

Looks like moderate acne, lots of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and possibly a little scarring to me.

I'd say give The Regimen a shot. It could clear up the acne, which would cut down on future hyperpigmentation. You'll just have to be patient while the red marks fade, though. It can take a while, but it'll happen eventually.

Picking can definitely increase the chances of ending up with hyperpigmentation or scarring, so you need to stop that. If you're having trouble stopping, you might want to try the Chill Out Program.

Also, I've moved this post to the Mild To Moderate Acne board. ; )

Yo dude. you better stop picking.

BIO OIL!!!. i heard its good for scars. i used it for the first time today. and it feels great. very moisturizing.

You've turned your face into a human scratching board! Stop picking yo. The regimen will with no doubt fix you up, just be patient! And after your on it for a month I recommend you order some AHA to quicken the healing process.

Yep, that's what I would call moderate. I recommend stopping the picking immediately and seeing a dermatologist who'll perhaps give you a topical retinoid. That's what has worked the best (not perfectly) for me when I've had moderate acne. Dan's regimen would also be something worth looking into but it's going to require a bit more work.

Good luck!

what's AHA?

Alpha Hydroxy Acid. You can order some through Dan's site here, or you can find it in the skin care section of most stores.

Please note, though, if you do decide to give The Regimen a go, that you shouldn't add the AHA in until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month, and your skin has adjusted to the BP.

Guest Rocky666
hey thanks for the replies everybody.

You've turned your face into a human scratching board!

no kidding, dude, tell me about it. ;)

And after your on it for a month I recommend you order some AHA to quicken the healing process.

what's AHA?

Personally I wouldn't reccommend the AHA+ because my skin wasn't nearly as inflamed as yours but my cheeks by day 2 were dry, EXTREMELY peeling, it was soo bad I spread my cheeks apart and the skin would just fall off. I would look into starting a regimen for at least 2 months and you'll see how much you're skin will clear up just from that. Don't exfoliate with things like AHA just use natural exfoliation or a scrub maybe once a week.