Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amz

How do I use Retin-A properly

Hi all,

I just started using retin-a 2 days ago.

I use retin-a in the evening.

I first clean my face with my facewash then allow it to air dry for about 20 mins then apply the retin-a for 1 hour. After 1 hour I wash the retin-a off with water and facewash then apply moisturiser.

I just want to know if this is the right way to use this medication or should I be applying it at night and leaving it on overnight?

Thanks

you should apply it 20 to 30 minutes after washing ur face and leave it on over night. wash it off in the morning and then moisturize ;)

Thanks c'est la vigne for moving my post.

PinkPlayBunny thanks for the advice, just a quick question. When you started using Retin-A did your acne get worse in the beginning and if it did how long did it last?

Thanks

Thanks c'est la vigne for moving my post.

PinkPlayBunny thanks for the advice, just a quick question. When you started using Retin-A did your acne get worse in the beginning and if it did how long did it last?

Thanks

Hi amz, to answer ur question yes my acne did get worse around the 3rd week but after the 6th to 8th week my skin started to show improvement then around the 3rd to 6th month my skin was WAY better. U definitley need patience when using retin-a but ive been on it for years now and love the results....Good Luck and let me know how ur doing and if u want to ask me anything feel free to send a message anytime :)

Just got on Retin A micro today. Do i need to apply lotion or moisturizer before applying the Retin A or do I apply it straight to the skin? I was using Tazorac for the last 16 weeks and on their website it instructs their users to put moisturizer before the Tazorac. Could someone clarify this for me? Thanks.

I did what you said granny and most of the sites that I read do not mention applying moisturizer before the Retin A micro. In case if other people are in my situation, this is basically what I have concluded.

1. Wash face with gentle or mild face wash.

2. Wait 20-30 mins to let water dry and apply small pea size of Retin A micro with CLEAN hands.

3. They recommend to slowly start on the medication: apply every other night or every third day until skin irritation regresses.

4. Morning, wash your face and put on moisturizer consistently throughout the day.

If I interpreted what I read incorrectly, please correct for me and others that are reading.

Thanks Granny for responding.

I did what you said granny and most of the sites that I read do not mention applying moisturizer before the Retin A micro. In case if other people are in my situation, this is basically what I have concluded.

1. Wash face with gentle or mild face wash.

2. Wait 20-30 mins to let water dry and apply small pea size of Retin A micro with CLEAN hands.

3. They recommend to slowly start on the medication: apply every other night or every third day until skin irritation regresses.

4. Morning, wash your face and put on moisturizer consistently throughout the day.

If I interpreted what I read incorrectly, please correct for me and others that are reading.

Thanks Granny for responding.

You do not need to apply moisturizer before retin-A. I use retin-A and I wash my face and then apply the retin-a and leave it on for the night.

Thanks for responding everyone. I am washing my face and giving time to dry off then I apply the pea size on my face. One concern I have is that as I'm rubbing it into my skin, i feel like it isnt spreading. I look at my fingers and it has the film residue from the RAM. Does anyone else get this? I feel like the medication isnt getting on my face.