Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl_least_likely_to

What kind of acne is this *pics included*

hi

ive got body acne it used to be on my face when i was younger but zineret cleared that it does flare up now n again but im on acutane now for my body im still waiting for results tho.

do u use anything?

i had two friends that had what looks like youve got (has doc said its acne?) coz thier doc said it was hormonal acne and one went on yazmin pill and it cleared quite quickly and the other used Quinerderm cream (purple and orange box and tube) i did use these and it didnt help me at all but they fine now.

i use estelle lauder doublewear foundation when i break out on face and chest (obviously if they open i dont as its really thick and infection could spread but it covers well even mount everest on your face wouldnt stand a chance.

good luck

x

hi

ive got body acne it used to be on my face when i was younger but zineret cleared that it does flare up now n again but im on acutane now for my body im still waiting for results tho.

do u use anything?

i had two friends that had what looks like youve got (has doc said its acne?) coz thier doc said it was hormonal acne and one went on yazmin pill and it cleared quite quickly and the other used Quinerderm cream (purple and orange box and tube) i did use these and it didnt help me at all but they fine now.

i use estelle lauder doublewear foundation when i break out on face and chest (obviously if they open i dont as its really thick and infection could spread but it covers well even mount everest on your face wouldnt stand a chance.

good luck

x

The doctor gave me tetralysal lymecycline for mine and when I went to the derm she advised me to go onto "dianette" which is good for hormonal acne apparentley but I'm scared because it can cause blood clots as a side effect.

I do use a makeup which is oil free "revlon colourstay" and also a breathable camouflage one along with a mineral foundation sometimes.

Do you think my acne looks really awful? Im so self concious

Omigoshh is like not that badd at all tbh! (:

You should read my post on how acne is a price most people pay for a natural defence mechanism! it makes me feel better about mine ;D

and honestlyy, yours looks quite treatable noww.

And if you get any scars just appy Bio Oil :]

Few tips:

Don't pick them;

Don't over-exfoliate;

Don't use comedogenic make up.

Your acne isn't bad because it's not inflamed so you probably won't get any scars (and that's something). You should pay a visit to an endocrinologist because they are the ones who understand about hormones. You might have a hormonal imbalance which means you'll have to go on the 'pill'. I know girls who had wonders with that, no more oily skin no more acne...Wish males had a contraceptive pill as well...

It looks like you have pustules and papules www.acne.org/whatisacne.html ? At least in my opinion. And like everyone else is saying, your skins not that bad! There's hope.

Edited by timaku

Your skin looks just like mine when I was on Retin A for 11 weeks. I am clear now pretty much except a few red marks. I understand how you feel because I felt like it was the ugliest thing ever, and when I look back at the pictures I still think it looked awful. Let me just give you a few tips that helped me. I noticed in your picture you have your hair in your face. Do not do that. Keep your hair away from your cheekbones. I noticed when I was on Retin A and my skin was purging it would be way worse around where hair would hit my face. So put your hair up in a bun, especially when you sleep. Other tips are pretty common sense that I am sure every acne sufferer already knows, but let me just put it on here anyway. Don't wash your face more than twice a day. Most importantly don't pick. I don't know if you do or don't, but when I was purging I became a notorious picker, which made the healing time even longer. Don't touch your face and don't think about it every minute of the day. Mind is a powerful thing, the more you think about it the worse it will get. Good luck = )