Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so I have been on the regimen for 4 months now. I have seen significant improvement in my acne. All of it is gone. However, for months I have been researching online how to get rid of old and new acne scars. I have tried EVERYTHING! I was almost positive that the regimen would clear up my scars within 9 weeks...or that i would see a difference. But there is no difference. This makes me want to stop the regimen. I feel like im doing it for no reason. =[[

I need an accurate way to get rid of scars...i dont care how long it takes. I cant even go tanning because it just makes them look worse.

If no one has answers im considering getting surgery to get rid of the scars.

They are not ice pick or deep scars. Just on the surface. Thats why I am so frustrated. They should be goneeeeee by now!!!!!

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

The Regimen is an acne treatment, not a scar treatment. If The Regimen is helping to keep your acne in check, then it's doing all it's supposed to do.

If you have actual scarring, check out our Acne Scar Treatments page and the Scar Treatments board for some ideas on treatments that may help with the appearance of your scars.

If you have hyperpigmentation, check out the Red Marks Left After Acne board for some ideas on how to help fade the marks. (If you don't know if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, this page has some information about post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that might help you figure it out.)

I've been a member of this site for over a year, and a moderator for the better part of a year, and I can't think of a single place on this site where I've seen it claimed that The Regimen fades scarring.

Could you please link me to the page where you read this?

make sure you're differentiating between scars and hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation, in my opinion, takes a LONG time to heal completely and disappear. We're talking MONTHS. Best "cure" is to prevent hyperpigmentation (and scars). and the way you do that is by sticking to the regimen.

If you're going to stop the regimen, just be prepared to get even MORE scars...

Edited by shooshoo
Okay so I have been on the regimen for 4 months now. I have seen significant improvement in my acne. All of it is gone. However, for months I have been researching online how to get rid of old and new acne scars. I have tried EVERYTHING! I was almost positive that the regimen would clear up my scars within 9 weeks...or that i would see a difference. But there is no difference. This makes me want to stop the regimen. I feel like im doing it for no reason. =[[

I need an accurate way to get rid of scars...i dont care how long it takes. I cant even go tanning because it just makes them look worse.

If no one has answers im considering getting surgery to get rid of the scars.

They are not ice pick or deep scars. Just on the surface. Thats why I am so frustrated. They should be goneeeeee by now!!!!!

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

Have you introduced AHA+ into your regimen? I have been using it for about a week and it seems that some of the red spots I've had for who knows how long are now fading. Worth a shot

I had laser treatment done and it worked great. They zap the brown spot and within 3 days the spot scabs up and falls off leaving pink skin underneath. Some people it takes 3 to 5 treatments for full results but i saw results with the first two. The only downside is that new breakouts leave new scars so its best to only get laser if your breakouts have stopped since it is so expensive and FYI it hurts like hell. It worked for me and now I am planning on doing it again for my new spots once my acne is in check again. My clinic charges 300.00 a treatment so it is expensive. Also, if you want to try something cheaper try Maderma cream with SPF I believe it fades scars also but takes longer. I use maderma from time to time and I like it to. Good Luck!