Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elitedevon

How to control flakiness?

Okay. Well, I'm guessing my skin becomes flaky as my skin turns dry.

When I get out of the shower to wash my face before applying BP my face turns just completely white due to flakiness. I mean, my whole entire face is covered and I haven't even put anything on my face to dry it out. This would be at night, but if I were to splash water on my face in the morning like I do to was it with my cleanser, it will turn white after a while.

Or the next day, after school(which btw, at school my skin will turn flaky around the last hour), say I go swimming with my friend, and I get in the pool. My face turns completely white due to flakiness.

How do I control this? (:

Thanks.

Does the flakiness eventually go away? Is it just something you experience when you start the regimen?

If I continue the regimen, will I be able to wash my face and not moisturize after without having my face super dry and flaky?

Edited by strato

Does the flakiness eventually go away? Is it just something you experience when you start the regimen?

Id say if your new to BP its a typical thing, but I notice people who are very flaky tend to over-wash, over cleanse and not put enough or no moisturizer on at all.

If I continue the regimen, will I be able to wash my face and not moisturize after without having my face super dry and flaky?

You may wash your face with Rose water...

pinks831--It's really not recommended that people add in additional steps or products when they're just starting out with The Regimen, because it can make it difficult to tell what's having which effects on their skin.

This is from the Biggest Mistakes page:

Adding in other products or steps: it is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin will react. If you add in other products or steps before you are completely clear, there is an extra variable that is uncontrolled. If you should not clear up, you will not know if it is because of the extra variable or because of something else.

Everybody else--It's normal for your skin to be dry and flaky early on in The Regimen. It's just something that happens while your skin adjusts to the BP. Pretty much all Regimen users have been through it, and yes, the dryness and flakiness will subside as your skin adjusts. : )