Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adropintheocean

Cold Showers; A warning

I've been reading a lot about cold showers. I personally do not recommend that you take cold showes unless you have acne over your body too. The reason being is that, over time, it can potentially cause damage to our bodies when the temperature is too cold. Mostly, I just want to remind everyone to use common sense please.

In the winter, don't take a freezing cold shower, take a mildly cold shower, or better yet, a warm shower without the water touching you face. Then afterwards, wash in cold water.

DO NOT TAKE A COLD SHOWER AFTER EXERCISING OR IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN SWEATING! You have to allow your body to cool down naturally first, because you can get sick so easily that way. While your pores are still open, don't blast the cold which enters though your pores and causes sickness.

I've been reading a lot about cold showers. I personally do not recommend that you take cold showes unless you have acne over your body too. The reason being is that, over time, it can potentially cause damage to our bodies when the temperature is too cold. Mostly, I just want to remind everyone to use common sense please.

In the winter, don't take a freezing cold shower, take a mildly cold shower, or better yet, a warm shower without the water touching you face. Then afterwards, wash in cold water.

DO NOT TAKE A COLD SHOWER AFTER EXERCISING OR IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN SWEATING! You have to allow your body to cool down naturally first, because you can get sick so easily that way. While your pores are still open, don't blast the cold which enters though your pores and causes sickness.

Can you please provide some references for this information? I don't really buy the cold water entering the pores and causing sickness. I would be willing to bet that the majority of our evolution took place with bathing in cold water.

i believe this to. i ran home once after a night out, it was cold outside, i ran for 40 minutes and got in sweating buckets. then i went and had a cold shower, i was ill after that for the next week

I think you should change your post to say:

People who take cold showers please use common knowledge, and during winter times be mindful of your health.

Can you please provide some references for this information? I don't really buy the cold water entering the pores and causing sickness. I would be willing to bet that the majority of our evolution took place with bathing in cold water.

Yes, they probably did and look at how long their average life span was. If any of you have any knowledge of traditional chinese medicine, then this is one of the most basic rules. Search it up online, and though some say it is beneficial, why don't you try working up a sweat only to douse yourself in cold water? I am only posting this as a reference point for others to start searching themselves. As a strong believer in tcm, I believe in a lot of things that most people would find ludicrous. I would never in a milllion years go swimming with my period, why? because that usually causes cramps which indicate a stagnation of blood in tcm methods. it really depends on how much your willing to believe. it is said that cold water lets coldness enter into the body through the open pores, and an excess of yin can cause sickness.

it really depends on how much your willing to believe.

Which is why science was invented, so we can get to treatments that don't depend on how much you're willing to believe. :D

Linking short life spans to cold water is pretty silly.

I have no problem with TCM, though I have not spent a lot of time researching it. What do they say about cold water?

I agree that jumping into a freezing shower when your body temperature is very high is probably not the best idea. However, after I have recovered from a work out, a cold shower feels great and leaves me energized.

To each his own.