Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trliber

The sun helps acne?

I've read and I'm sure you have all as well that the sun is bad for acne.

However, I've noticed that when I spend more time in the sun, my acne goes away. My skin is always very clear in the summer.

In the winter or when I'm indoors more, it gets worse.

Could my acne be caused by some sort of low Vitamin C or D levels, and that's why I suffer during the winters and rejoice in the summers?

Of course the sun is something we need! I personally try to get as much sun as possible, and I NEVER wear sun screen. I haven't gotten burned in forever.

your forgetting the extra benefit of being more positive and getting out of the house. getting in the mood and exercising in the sun is extremely good for your face.

The sun def helps with my skin, just a shame we have such a lack of it where I live! :rolleyes:

The challenge I find, however, is finding a sunscreen that doesn't cause me to break out. :think:

The sun always makes a significant difference in my back acne. I've managed to keep it under control all year round with neutrogena body clear body was and an exfoliating sponge, but sometimes going the gym w/ all that sweat and stuff just breaks me out no matter what--and laying out on the beach for a day (w/ sunscreen of course!) really helps. I tan very easily though and don't burn, so I don't know if it's different for people with lighter complexions.