Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gorgeousgal

A technique that truly works in making you feel better when you are depressed about acne

One thing that always works when I was fretting/crying over a breakout was looking at pictures of people with acne worse than mine. YES THEY EXIST. Just go to the gallery on this site and scroll through the pictures. Immediately, you feel better because you realize that there are people who have a lottttt worse and you have no right to be so depressed. It can always be worse.

Try it and let me know if it works for you guys as well.

Thats pretty harsh but you do have a point.

No matter how bad you feel remember that you always have it better than alot of people in this world. And you should be grateful for that at least.

Ill never forget the day I was working in retail and I was helping out one customer. A burn victim, all over his body. He literally had no facial features. He was a nice guy though and obviously wasnt afraid to be in the world. I see him later on walking in the store and he had a HOT wife/gf(Ill assume wife)

She obviously loves him but he most likely didnt marry her in that state. And you have to imagine how much everything has changed for this guy, what he's going through, what she's going through.

And we're here in an acne forum complaining about our scars...

Well to lighten up the mood lets all look at Danny Trejo. This guy is obviously loving life despite that mug.

post-109016-1253165928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoym

I do not really agree with ts. I think it's more to the fact that we know that we are not alone and there are a lot of people out there having the same problem as us. More importantly, i feel it's to let people out there who don't understand us understand us.

Wow, I don't agree with this at all. The only way to truly feel better about your acne is to accept it exists and does not make you any less of a person. Finding comfort in the misery of others isn't the way to go.

yeah dude, that's harsh!

I understand what he is trying to say. It is not so much comfort he is getting from seeing someone worse but the fact that it could be worse and should be grateful that it is not as bad. I realize this when i complain about mine and pray and wish i didnt have it and think its the worse ever. Then i come to realization that it could be worse, i could be crippled, or deaf, blind, have burn scars all over me, have AIDS or Cancer, all these things triumph acne and i know if i had one of these i would wish that i could go back to just having acne.

I do not look at others acne that is worse and get comfort by no means, since we all have it. That would be like a crippled person making fun of a blind person, their both still handicapped because of their condition.

Well ance severe, moderate, or mild, its still acne and we are all in it together;)

Well to lighten up the mood lets all look at Danny Trejo. This guy is obviously loving life despite that mug.

I met him! It was at a skateboarding event a long time ago.

um i don't get how this is harsh? no specific names were mentioned..and secondly no one is "making fun" of the people who posted the pics...but obviously it is common sense that one will feel better about their situation when comparing it to people who don't have it as good.

works for me...just trying to help others...geez

um i don't get how this is harsh? no specific names were mentioned..and secondly no one is "making fun" of the people who posted the pics...but obviously it is common sense that one will feel better about their situation when comparing it to people who don't have it as good.

works for me...just trying to help others...geez

Trying to help others at the expense of those who have worse acne.

It actually kind of makes me depressed to see pictures of people with really bad acne because it makes me sad to see that people are suffering and I feel bad for them.

I hate to say this but I do the same thing. I don't intentionally look at another picture to cheer myself up, but I do think of how bad some other people have it. I have pretty mild acne yet I complain. It just goes to show us that we need to be happy for what we have, not what we lack.

I do not really agree with ts. I think it's more to the fact that we know that we are not alone and there are a lot of people out there having the same problem as us. More importantly, i feel it's to let people out there who don't understand us understand us.

I think that sounds a LOT better. What honestly helps me is knowing that I am not alone. Not so much that there are people who have it worse, because once you think about it, you have it worse than some people too so...

Anyways, the thing that helps me the most is knowing I am not alone. That is why I have felt better since I joined this forum. You really do realize, how you aren't the only one going through this.

Edited by Zeokoz

Thats pretty harsh but you do have a point.

No matter how bad you feel remember that you always have it better than alot of people in this world. And you should be grateful for that at least.

Ill never forget the day I was working in retail and I was helping out one customer. A burn victim, all over his body. He literally had no facial features. He was a nice guy though and obviously wasnt afraid to be in the world. I see him later on walking in the store and he had a HOT wife/gf(Ill assume wife)

She obviously loves him but he most likely didnt marry her in that state. And you have to imagine how much everything has changed for this guy, what he's going through, what she's going through.

And we're here in an acne forum complaining about our scars...

LOL!! :lol:

A much better thing to do would be to compliment each other and help one and other to focus on the things that enjoy and the positives of our appearances and personalities. By looking at other people and thinking how much better you look you are doing what causes acne to be so much of a social taboo. You might as well say to their face that you think that they dont look nice, when in fact there is nothing wrong with how they look.

ye it will make you feel better on the moment , but you can stay depressed.

Depression supposed to be usefull , because it means you have something in live where your not happy about. And depression makes you see that point completely. The only thing is that you supposed to fix the thing your not happy about. With some things its pretty easy but with acne its not. thats the shitty point. But i guess that you also should be just trying new products and dont give up on everything , cuz then the real depression about acne comes.

OMG!! I thought that was just me!!!

I never said anything cuz i thought that it would be harsh but it is sooooooo true!

It for some reason does make me feel better!

And less depressed thank you for makin me not feel alone on this lol:P

lol you're welcome faith...anything to ease the pain!

OMG!! I thought that was just me!!!

I never said anything cuz i thought that it would be harsh but it is sooooooo true!

It for some reason does make me feel better!

And less depressed thank you for makin me not feel alone on this lol:P

I do the same thing...

but it's not like I sit at my computer saying oh she's ugly, that looks soo bad, or anything like that.

I sit there and feel really sad inside, because I can't even imagine how hard having it that bad would be. I think to myself, they must be a really strong person. I need to stop this pity party I'm having for myself, I exaggerate the severity of my acne too much.

I definitelyyy don't do it to be mean.

I would NEVER make fun of anyone with acne evereverever because I now know how hard it is to deal with.

but yes, I am guilty of this 0.o

I agree with andrea. The crux of the matter is knowing you are not alone, that other people have it worse than you and yet are able to live their lives better than you.

It provides a source of inspiration and a model that you can follow, to improve your own quality of life.