Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
what1sth1s

are facials worth it at beauty salons?

I was recommended by a friend to go to this beauty salon where they let me try a session. What they did was wash my face, then they had this machine that would steam my face so that my pores would be open. next they would get rid of most my blackheads and whiteheads on my face by forcing it out with some sort of handheld device (hurts a little bit). after that was done, they used this handheld machine that was massaged on my face -it was some sort of laser that is suppose to help my skin cells rejuvenate. after that was done, they put some sort of mask on me that was to exfoilate.

am i really helping my skin and my scars by going to these facials because i am quite tempted to get their package of 10 sessions. but even after getting rid of the blackheads on my nose, they just reappear again shortly... and isnt it bad to physically remove whiteheads/blackheads? anyone else have any experience with this?

I've never had one, but I'm curious if you could do a SA peel from home? So if anyone knows that too. :lol:

My sister had one done where they used this ring thingy, to press the pore and it also gave a low electric shock. All the pores went red like she'd been picking her pimples. She has VERY fair skin, so perhaps that had something to do with it. She lives in a different city, so I'm not sure of her final results, but for a week or so she was really red.

I got a facial at my local spa. It was very nice, but for me the lady used a clarisonic, gave it a massage, extracted the black and whiteheads with an extractor, and then used a mask. I saw a big improvement in blackheads and whiteheads for about two weeks. They started coming back, but less this time. It is unwise to remove blackheads and whiteheads forcefully bc of scarring, but the lady should be very gentle. I would say its good for your skin if you do it once a month. Otherwise, in my opinion, its just too rough.

I guess I'm weird, but I don't like people touching my face like that! It just seems strange. I don't like massages either, and I get really ticklish when I get my hair washed at the salon. If it would actually help my face then I might suffer through it, but like you I don't really know if it will do any good.