Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imperial

hyperpigmentation after my tca peel

Posted

well i just had a 3 layers of 12.5% tca done in feb so its past 6 months for me having to wear sunscreen even though i know i should. but during the past 6 months there have been times when my face was exposed to the sun when the sunscreen ran out. so now i have hyperpigmentation patches on my forhead and some on my cheeks. They are not really dark, hardly noticable actually. only in certain lighting and if i just wash my face. but i was wondering if it will ever go away or is it permanent damage? please help!

Posted

anyone?

Posted

If there dark spots from previous pimples then they should go away.just try to avoid getting pimples again by taking care of your face i know that could be hard but that eliminates the chance of getting hiperpigmentation.Have u gone to a dermatologist or something to ask cuz u should see to see whats up,but dont expect them to go away in 1month trust me I use to have dark spots too i use alot of things lemon,aloevera,and alot of over the counter products they worked a little but the derm should give u something that works he gave something and it work 6 months they went away.i dont know what he gave me cuz i go to a local clinic that the cream tube had no name so just ask your derm.By the way how was that tca peel what does that do for you.Maybe since I helped you you can help me do you know what post inflamatory hiperpigmentation is well is like dark spots but worse I caused it by popping a few cyst pimples on my nose and there scars not marks.now my nose is shiny red with flat bump scars do u know how can i get them out will a tca or laser get them out will that cause more acne how did it work for you i want to know cuz i am currently acne free its just my nose that is red and shiny.goodluck

Posted

my hyperpigmentation is not from acne as i stated in my post. its from the peel and sun exposure. so can anyone else help me on this? just need to know if it will eventually go away

Posted
my hyperpigmentation is not from acne as i stated in my post. its from the peel and sun exposure. so can anyone else help me on this? just need to know if it will eventually go away

I also have "brown patches" left from overexposure of a smoothbeam laser (i used it 2 times in 10 days when ur supposed to space it out 4-6 weeks apart!!). Whether the brown spots are from laser or post- peel sun exposure its still for the same reason -its TRAUMA to the skin

My best recommendation is to get a precription for hydroquinone ( i use TRI-LUMA) this is a bleaching agent that helps lighten the brown spots.

I hope it works out for u, i know how frustrating it can be but BE POSITIVE and BE PATIENT :)[/font]