Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2ShyGuy2

THE Accutane post..

Ive seen several people say they are starting (within the past week or so) accutane, and since I started today, we can post our progress here.

Im taking 40 mg once a day. Feel free to share your dosage, time of day you take it, etc. as well as any side-effects you might be having.

2SG

I started out at 80 mg/day, and it was pure hell. Constant headaches, flaky skin, but damn did my acne ever go away....but I was also getting a bit of scarring.

I scaled back, started saving my accutane and starting doing 20-40mg every

M, W, F. This is pretty much the "sweet spot" for me, since my skin

oiliness is near normal and doesn't cause me to breakout, as well as minimizing

accutane sides.

I'm taking one 30 mg pill a day for now. Today is day 7 for me. I was taking it at breakfast, but I switched to taking it at dinner, since I'm not always hungry in the morning, and I hate forcing myself to eat. I had a little breakout in the beginning which is going away now. As for side effects, I have slightly dry lips, and occassionally sore lower back. But so far, so good.

40mg a day im gonna start taking it monday got my prescription written out already and stuff. Im prolly gonna tkae it right after dinner 3:30 - 4:00 pm

I'm on Day 8 - one pill each day, 40mg. Usually take it in the morning...I know that's not the best time to take it, but for some reason it goes down easier in the morning.

Angelo, you are right in that I was advocating the natural way to get rid of my acne, but after trying SEVERAL things, i feel its time to try accutane. For the past 1.5 months my face has been pretty bad, far worse than when i was 16-18 (im now 20). My acne is not only getting worse, but my overall quality of skin is detereorating (sp?). Bigger pores, more under surface spots, blotchyness, etc. etc. Nothing natural has worked or has even improved my skin in the slightest.

2SG

on day 5

40mg once a day

i basically try and take it around 5 oclock - 2 am ;x

so far no side effects no break outs (lets keep it that way =D)

the first day i had a headake when i woke up but thats it

I started almost 2 weeks ago. I started out doing 20mg a day. My face and lips were extremely dry, and i cleared up within 2-3 days. however i broke out again, so I did what my doc told me todo and took 40mg 1 day, and 20 mg the day after. Alternate and so on etc. My face is dryer then normal, but still oily, and still have a good bit of zits. my lips are still dry as hell.

Im on day 11 of 40MG a day and so far just had an initial breakout or at least I hope that was the initial breakout! It's been good so far for me with the side effects...none whatsoever except for the dry lips and my face is still getting oily...I hope this works for me cause it's the last action super hero for me. I'll keep yall posted if anything unusual or good happens wink.gif.

I'm on day 12 at 40mg daily, and my face feels and looks like shiet! I have probably over 20 active acne spots, pimples, zits, bumps whatever you wanna call it, on my face at the moment including dryness around my nose which has just started. I'm very self concious at the moment as well.... Should I regard this as an inital breakout? considering about 2 months ago, I was able to control my acne to 1-3 new acne a week (not on accutane). No serious side effects yet to report, other than kinda chapped lips and dry nose, and worse acne.

I'm bumpin up the dosage to 80/80/80/40, in my second month. What can I expect from that?

I've been on 20mg a day for 6 weeks now and am now starting 40mg a day for 2 months tomorrow, which my derm will then increase to 60mg a day in September. so far (after just 6 weeks on 20mg) i still have some bad spots, but skin is very dry (quite flaky) and no oil at all – all day long. it used to be an oil slick by 2pm. it seems to be working anyway so fingers crossed. skin is very sensitive though, most moisturisers sting the hell out of it :sad: but have found that lancome hydra zen is soothing and also a brill face wash is neutrogena face wash for very dry skin, its very gentle and good. my eyes are very sore and dry all the time tho, as i work at a computer all day. hope this doesn't get way worse each time the dosage increases. Also does anyone know whether you get a breakout each time the dosage increases or just once in the beginning?

thanx, GG

Day 5 of 40 mg, and surprisingly only 1 side effect, and that is slight peeling of the skin. My face is just now starting to feel sensitive around my nose (peeling the most on top of my nose). My lips are fine, and nothing else to report...

2SG

OK, day 6 (I think) and my face is getting pretty dry. The area around and in my nose is probably the most tender. My lips arent that bad yet, but ive been using lip stuff anyway just to make sure. I had 2 spots try and come up, but they never surfaced and appear to be going down already. As well, I had a spot that was already there that turned into a whitehead, except instead of being a big looking thing that will burst any moment, it looked like it had already been there for 3-4 days and had that crusted/hard look to it.

Again, the only side effect so far is the drying/peeling of my face. So far so good.

2SG

Week 2 for me. My face is dry as all hell, and I get small white heads pop up on my chin, but they leave in a day if I dont pick at them. I still have the redbumps with scabs on my cheeks they have been there for awhile, they seem to be dead though. There are afew of thsoe that had scabs and I picked at, and they seem to still be alive. other then that, I keep my lips nice and hydrated with medicated Natural Ice chapstick. My face itches like hell!! ahh!