Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Took the chat down

I took the chat down permanently today. There was simply too much sexual discussion and adult content in there. For the mission of acne.org and for the safety of the site, I decided to go ahead and remove it. This did not happen quickly. I tried to institute a new no-sexual discussion rule, but the rule did not seem to work well enough in curbing sexual and adult discussion. I also spent hours combing through chat logs to get a feeling of what was going on in there. It has become clear to me after doing all of this that we need to take the chat option down. I'm terribly sorry to those of you who used it respectfully, which represents the majority of chat users.

Thanks for your understanding. I hope this helps keep Acne.org a comfortable and safe place for young people. Please add your comments below as I am always listening to your feedback.

Ohhh I was just starting to get into it as well! But I agree if its getting out of hand then yeah it needs taking down.

Shame, because I loved the chat, but this is indeed a forum for people of all ages and while I have to admit I enjoyed some of the sex chat myself it did frequently get totally out of hand and I can completely understand why that is unacceptable.

Hopefully this will serve as a lesson to all of us (myself included) and in some future the chat can be re-added.

Edited by James Andy

:|

It needed to be done if there was sexual discussion. Not that there is anything wrong with that on certain websites, but acne.org does have younger users.

I do think MSN/AOL addresses should be allowed to be exchanged freely, however, so people can talk on MSN/AOL and help eachother out.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT'S ABOUT TO CRY?

This is terrible!

That org chat has been used to create and strengthen friendships on this website for years upon years! To remove it because of a minority of overly lewd individuals is an injustice against those who use the chat in a respectable way.

I've been on the internet for over a decade now, and I can truthfully say that this website has the best community I've ever encountered. That chatroom provided a brilliant way to immerse yourself in this beautiful community in a more personal way. Don't take it for granted, that little chatroom was an amazing place, a place where I've spent far more hours than I'm willing to count.

The solution is clear to me:

1. Bring back the chat.

2. Add a bot that automatically temporarily bans people for excessive lewd speech.

This is terrible!

That org chat has been used to create and strengthen friendships on this website for years upon years! To remove it because of a minority of overly lewd individuals is an injustice against those who use the chat in a respectable way.

I've been on the internet for over a decade now, and I can truthfully say that this website has the best community I've ever encountered. That chatroom provided a brilliant way to immerse yourself in this beautiful community in a more personal way. Don't take it for granted, that little chatroom was an amazing place, a place where I've spent far more hours than I'm willing to count.

The solution is clear to me:

1. Bring back the chat.

2. Add a bot that automatically temporarily bans people for excessive lewd speech.

I strongly approve of this message.

post-19428-1252956751_thumb.jpg

post-19428-1252956751_thumb.jpg

:( Well I guess its the best for the .org chat... :(. I am not gonna name names but those who made sexual chatting should be ashamed about their selves. I usted to do it ONCE! But then I stoped it. If anyone would like to make a diffrent chat somewhere else please reply/ quote.

God Bless Everyone,

yeegreen1, Jon

I agree with Jasminiffer and Beejay! I've been in the chat for years now! Please =[

I just don't think people took the warnings posted seriously. I didn't.

well I guess a valuable lesson has been learned.

Yeah, that we deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Edited by Beejay

lol, I thought about blocking some out...

but NAHH