Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ucfguy3

AHA Skin Purge Breakout?

Hello,

I recently purchased Dan's AHA product. I've used it about four days now, day and night. I mainly wanted to use this because I have tons of tiny clogged pores all over my face and neck, which end up becoming infected and inflamed.

After using this product thus far, my skin is even more clogged looking, and I now have tiny, painful whiteheads all over my face, on my neck, cheeks, chin, and nose. The pores on my nose first turned red (yesterday) and as of today there are whiteheads. I never break out on my nose, but do have blackheads there.

Is my skin just purging itself of gunk, or is my skin having an adverse reaction? I don't know what to do. It's really ruining things for me thus far.

Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience.

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by ucfguy3

Not really an answer to your question, but I have the same problem. I used to just put it on my pimples for a faster healing process, but since I have small bumps under the skin that rarely come to the surface I decided to start using it all over. It's been about 3-4 days and I have so many bumps now, probably 10 times what I had before. I wonder if it's just bringing everything to the surface and soon it will all go away, or what?!?!

The AHA isn't meant to be used that often, so using it that often may be doing more harm than good.

Generally, I suggest using the AHA two or three times a week. Then, if your skin handles that well, you can slowly increase how often you use it until you're using it once a day. Using it twice a day is just too much.

Yes, some people do purge when they're using the AHA, but I really do think that your reaction to it may have more to do with over-use. Try cutting back to twice a week and see how your skin does with that.

Some people can't tolerate certain products, for example, I can't tolerate benzyl peroxide!! Makes my skin dryand white heads gather in clusters under the dry skin, and like u said, norma pores get infected!!! I think with hormonal acne treating the exterior symptoms is not the best way!! I'd much rather tackle the internal problem!! But that's just me.

Good luck mate, hang in there

Also try using smaller amounts. I think using too much AHA can cause breakouts too. Just use small amount in problem areas.

Agree with him. This happend to me.

And dont use it 2 times a day!

Also try using smaller amounts. I think using too much AHA can cause breakouts too. Just use small amount in problem areas.

Agree with him. This happend to me.

And dont use it 2 times a day!

I should be getting mine in today and i plan on using it once a day to spot treat a few pimples on my chin to see how it goes, hopefully it will work faster than benzaclin.