Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nafan

Is my situation severe? pics here!!

hi there eveybody iam new to this site, i remeber having acne for about couples months now but back then it wasnt that bad. now i broke out real bad, the worst is the 3 pimples that is lined up on my forehead other than that its jus tiny zits or pimples i think. first it was just one pimple on the forehead then i think i used oxy 5% BP on that one pimple with moisturiser afterwards it stinged a bit. Then the next day 2 more pimples came out :( . Would you say this is a reaction with the oxy bp or the moistureiser that i apply on afterwards? Also any ways to treat it or make it go down also do you reccomend i use Dans regime to help with the breakouts i have around my face.

plzzz i need sum answers

thanks.

post-111068-1252912779_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252912792_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252912812_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252912779_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252912792_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252912812_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone iam a new memebr to this site.iam a bit stressing because my main concern is the 3 pimples on my forhead and some breakouts here and there. on my right cheek is some dark brown marks (hyperpigmentation?) and on top of that theres little breakouts happening right on top and next to the brown scar. my derm gave me neostrata fading gel wif 4% hydroquinone to use on the scar which help it fade bit by bit.

i am thinking of starting Dan regime but unsure if it would help with the situation iam in.

Would you reccomend me to start goin on dan regime to help with the pimples n breakouts.

also from what i know is that hydroquinone and bp isnt a good mix?

what if i use the hydroquinone at night before bed and dan regime in the morning? because i do want the scar marks and pimple gone but unsure of how to do this.

here are some pics of me now hope anyone can give me answers pleasee.

post-111068-1252915320_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252915343_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252915360_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252915320_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252915343_thumb.jpg

post-111068-1252915360_thumb.jpg

Guest Rocky666
Hello everyone iam a new memebr to this site.iam a bit stressing because my main concern is the 3 pimples on my forhead and some breakouts here and there. on my right cheek is some dark brown marks (hyperpigmentation?) and on top of that theres little breakouts happening right on top and next to the brown scar. my derm gave me neostrata fading gel wif 4% hydroquinone to use on the scar which help it fade bit by bit.

i am thinking of starting Dan regime but unsure if it would help with the situation iam in.

Would you reccomend me to start goin on dan regime to help with the pimples n breakouts.

also from what i know is that hydroquinone and bp isnt a good mix?

what if i use the hydroquinone at night before bed and dan regime in the morning? because i do want the scar marks and pimple gone but unsure of how to do this.

here are some pics of me now hope anyone can give me answers pleasee.

I don't think you're severe but you should find a good regimen before it could possibly get severe, the earlier the prevention the better. Just do Dan's Regimen 2X a day don't use the hydroquinone at the same time as the BP, it'll cause a darkening of the skin which will fade over time but you still don't want that. So just BP for now. Try getting ScarZoneA it has 2%SA, Green tea, and silicone, it'll help fade acne brown spots while treating acne and softening skin.

Hope this helps!!!

Hydroquinone is said to cause cancer that's why I stoped using my 2% gel that lightens skin.

Anyhow, If I were you I'd start on dans regimen and stop he mumbojumbo you've been using.

I'd say start off with half a pump of Dans treatment two times a day and build up from it within 4 weeks. Some take longer than others so if you've never used benzoyl peroxide before, then it is recommended that you stay at half pump for about two weeks.

Even so it depends if you have rough or sensitive skin, people with rough skin usually gets to he full dosage which is 2 full pumps by the 4th week.

As for those scars Id say do the regimen for a month or amonth and a half then add AHA in replacement of your nightime moisturizer 2 to 3 times a week. This will exfoliate and brin up new skin cells which balances out your skin color and soon to take care of those pesky scars.

So remember.

Morning you cleanse, treat, moisturize, then sunscreen.

Night time is the same thing just with no sunscreen and a little more moisturizer in the following first few weeks.

You'll bee acne free in no time!!!

:)

Your acne, believe it or not, is mild as classified by the BASI. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/BASI-t214118.html You have Mild (1-10 lesions) of pustular (Grade II type) lesions, or Mild Grade II acne.

Hydroquinone will work at helping decrease the hyperpigmentation and is especially well suited to darker skins but it does of course have potentially serious draw backs. Just look at the insert that came with the medication; if no insert came, look up hydroquinone on any reputable medication site.

Because acne-related PIH is caused by a reaction to skin inflammation (Callender, 2005), minimizing inflammation is a key goal in treating acne in skin of color. Reducing potential irritation and dryness, which may adversely affect darker skin (Halder et al., 2003), can be achieved by using benzoyl peroxide in low concentrations (5% or less) and in a cream or water-based gel. In addition, topical antibiotics are not only effective in reducing P. acnes, but also help reduce inflammation. Early initiation of concomitant therapy with anti-inflammatory effects can help to minimize the risk of scarring and hyperpigmentation in skin of color (Halder et al., 2003). Adding an antimicrobial agent to a topical retinoid regimen can result in a more rapid and complete resolution of acne lesions and PIH. In addition, the use of a fixed combination agent (topical antibiotic plus benzoyl peroxide) is recommended, particularly as maintenance therapy, to assist in preventing new acne lesions and potential sequela of keloids and PIH (Callender, 2005).

Thanks everyone for taking you time to reply to my question ,where can i find scarzoneA? Also can you give me info on how to start the regime, any medication or supplements i should take, the do's and dont's, plus any other info you can give to help with the process.

i wil b looking at starting the regime soon so hopefully it can help me with my situaiton.

cheers yo

To answer your PM:

If you're using a topical retinoid (like Retin A, Green Cream, Differin, Tazorac), adding in a topical bacteria killing agent (like erythromycin, BP, etc) can help your acne clear and also the PIH. I don't know if BP can be used with any retinoid but Differin (adapalene); you'd have to ask your doctor. All of those things I just mentioned (except the BP) are prescription only.

And more answers about the Regimen:

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

I don't think you need to add in scarzone (at least not yet). See the Biggest Mistakes link above.

A reduction of drying side effects and an increased retinoid tolerance can be accomplished by advising morning use of benzoyl peroxide, reserving the retinoid for bedtime. Benzoyl peroxide can counteract with tretinoin, if used concurrently
There's my answer (and one for you, too). Don't use a retinoid except adapalene (Differin) with BP at the same time of day. Clinical Review: Topical Retinoids: Clinical Uses

it aint nothing but you being stressed bro... same shit happen to me, i didnt evne know what acne was til i got stressed. I didnt get acne til i was 16 man. until then i was a pretty boy never evne knew stuff like this exist just thought u get pimples. dont make the same mistake i made man.... i was like you and i got crazy trying to get rid of it and it only made it worst. bro forget about it dont even worry about it and do what u like to do. play some ball, sports and stuff and dont even think about that shit cause it aint bad. stress is what made mine bad, i got it when i moved and stuff and now im stressed trying to get rid of it which makes it stay.. your good now man dont get in a hole with it.

Just go see your derm and dont spend hundred and hundred of dollars on products that never worked just like me. Anyways I learned my lesson and it's a + if you have health insurance that covers everything.

Peace n good luck~