Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chloe_1

People whose acne got a lot worse before it got better?

I think there are quite a few of us in this boat :)

So I was just wondering if those people whose acne got a lot worse before finally improving would mind sharing their experiences?

I know myself (whose skin is about 10 times worse than it Ever has been right now, 6 weeks in) that it's always reassuring and keeps your spirits up to know that there are others out there who have had the same experience and come out of the other side! :)

I know lots of us experience an IB, however for some its more a day or two and a few spots, whereas for some, like myself, its a case of it feeling neverending (6 weeks and counting). Personally when I DO get through this and my skin does improve, I am going to come back and say so, because I know myself it's something I really appreciate when the Accutane journey gets tough!

I'm almost done with my fourth month and I'm bumming, my face is so fucked up with redmarks and looks way worse than it did before starting accutane, in fact I think it's the worst it has ever been. It seems like I only hear about the people that clear up in the first couple of months of their treatment but where are all the ones that had to struggle through the whole course?

I'm almost done with my 3rd month and i'm still breaking out. My acne wasn't terrible to begin with so i thought i'd definitely be done by now but i just can't seem to clear up. Plus, my face is so red from the dryness that it looks 110 times worse. I feel like i am not going to be someone who benefits from this drug and its killing me because I put myself through hell for absolutely nothing. All i want is clear skin because acne is ruining my life and this is my last resort

Totally feel the pain of all you guys. Would be great if some of the people who were in our position and came out the other side would comment, gives us hope!

About a month of initial breakout that was very bad, 3 months in now and much improvement. Just hang in there, the IB sucks big time but i get the impression it is a very common side-effect.

well im about 6 weeks in my skin is flaming like crazy... every new spot for hair turns into a big white pimple. I'm really being swayed to drop the accutane right now... The 2 week dose of Enthryominocin cleared my skin up heaps better then accutane is doing. gah!

well im about 6 weeks in my skin is flaming like crazy... every new spot for hair turns into a big white pimple. I'm really being swayed to drop the accutane right now... The 2 week dose of Enthryominocin cleared my skin up heaps better then accutane is doing. gah!

Yeah my derm gave me a 4week course of that last time I was there...and my IB from my upped dosage hasnt been as bad as it was the first month. Wondering if its the anti b's kicking in or the Accutane...tend to lean towards the former unfortunately! Also now Im back on the contraceptive pill it calms my skin down some.

When I went on Accutane I was getting cystic acne, but aside from a few cysts at a time and a couple of smaller pustules, my face was about 80% clear. After 14yrs though and the painful cysts starting to scar, accutane seeed the logical choice.

However...7 weeks in, and my face has gone from 80% clear to 80% acne. cheeks are covered, chin, forehead...part of me regrets going on the drug. Im more worried about the scarring as the red marks left are just terrible and i have such sensitive skin (2.5% BP burns the hell out of me for example!)

Im now almost half way through my 4 month course of 50mg a day...which I dont think is going to be enough quite frankly!

I had expected to be clear by nw given my problem was mainly cysts not all over breakouts...instead Im on to full blown acne.

I'm still breaking out daily but they do seem to be coming to a head faster rather than taking a week or so. But my face is at least 10 times worse than it's ever been.

side effects wise...nothing bad at all, skin is a bit dry, lips arent too dry at all, nothing lip balm doesnt solve, no complaints at all...except my skin haha!

I really hope we all start to see improvements soon, this part SUCKS. :(