Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elitedevon

Working AHA in to regimen

Okay, so I should I work AHA into my acne.org regimen?

This is what I do:

AM:

Two pumps of Cleaner

Finger length line of the Treatment(BP)

1 1/2 Pump of Moisturizer.

Now, how do I fit the AHA into this?

PM:

Two pumps of cleaner

Finger length line of Treatment(BP)

2 Pumps of Moisturizer.

Same with AM, how do I fit AHA into this?

Thanks.

You use it 3 times a week, and if you can handle it once a day, do not use AHA twice a day.

Also, if you have AHA your not going to use a moisturizer, your going to use the AHA instead of your regular moisturizer.

So you would do this once a day:

Cleans

BP

AHA

I do is PM

Make sure you wear sunscreen if you use AHA

You need to use sunscreen for at least a week after you use AHA. So, yes, you'll still need sunscreen.

If you're using AHA two to three times a week, you should just plan on using sunscreen any time you're outside during the day, even if it's only going to be for a short while (truth be told, you should use it if you're going to be inside, as well, since UV rays penetrate right through windows).

your skin will be noticeably more sensitive to the sun. *dont try this, but if you were to go out into the sun after using aha for a couple days, WITHOUT sunscreen. It's gonna hurt. *i know this cuz i didnt use sunscreen one day due to rushing to work.

and no, only apply sunscreen when you are outside or if you are inside where there are a lot of windows and sun. and make sure to reapply every 2-3 hours because sunscreen deactivates after around that long. *according to my dermatologist

Im just curious Devon, how is the regimen working for you so far? Using AHA every day or 3 times a week depends on how well you skin can handle it. You should start with 3 times a week, and let your face get used to the AHA. Move up to once a day in a few weeks

AHA is pretty strong stuff, so using it too often can actually be too harsh and irritating. Start out using it two or three times a week. If your skin does well with that, you can slowly work up to using it every day, but just once a day. Twice a day really is too much. It is possible to over-exfoliate.

AHA is pretty strong stuff, so using it too often can actually be too harsh and irritating. Start out using it two or three times a week. If your skin does well with that, you can slowly work up to using it every day, but just once a day. Twice a day really is too much. It is possible to over-exfoliate.

How can you tell if your skin doesn't do well with AHA? Like what will your skin do if it's being irritated? Redness and inflammation?

How can you tell if your skin doesn't do well with AHA? Like what will your skin do if it's being irritated? Redness and inflammation?

Some people do purge a bit when they start the AHA, and some experience temporary pinkness, and some stinging. If it goes beyond that, you might want to lay off the AHA. Use your best judgment.

Im just curious Devon, how is the regimen working for you so far? Using AHA every day or 3 times a week depends on how well you skin can handle it. You should start with 3 times a week, and let your face get used to the AHA. Move up to once a day in a few weeks

Well, I've been on it for a month, and my skin has gotten better. This weekend I'm gonna lay off of it and see if it clears on it's own, because when I ran out of my regimen products before I started using DKR, I noticed my skin clear up a lot. And then once I started back I get a few bumps, but not as bad as it used to be, so it definitely holds back a lot of the acne. I don't have it too bad. DKR has kept me acne free on my chin, above my top lip, my nose and my forehead. I just struggle with very tiny acne spots on both on my cheeks. Hardly any on the left side though.

What is left on my face at the moment is red spots really, which are slowly fading. ): I do have two scars on my left cheek though. But the red spots I wish would go away! I don't want to use any products on the red spots though because I don't want to over treat my face and cause a breakout due to over exposure of all these different types of chemicals.

Thanks for asking. (:

Edited by elitedevon